ARKO Shave Stick

Hi people

Really want to try this stuff out, gets mixed reviews, anyone have any ideas where this can be found in the UK ?

Only way i can see at the moment is pay International Shipping or a Trip into North London to look round some of the Turkish Grocers.

Steve

the only reason Arko gets mixed reviews is due to the smell.

it performs VERY well, of that there is no doubt.

Yeah, it's a lemon smell i believe, which i don't mind.....heard it lathers really really well

the only stuff i use to shave with is Palmolive Shave Stick which i have put in a bowl and
use it like a Soap with a brush, and also the Palmolive Cream.

I am not a big spender on Creams or Soaps and for me Palmolive is the business !!!

Lemon :lol:

never in the month of sundays

think more along the lines of the blue blocks in a urinal, but it won't break the bank to try it.

i started with soap sticks as a cheap way of trying different brands so if that's what you want to do without spending loads you need to get the following,

Boots
Wilkinson Sword
Speick

Ingrams cream is nearly as good as Proraso, so that's your menthol hit taken care of.

hando said:

think more along the lines of the blue blocks in a urinal, but it won't break the bank to try it.

That is a severe exaggeration. The fragrance is not bad, just different.

hando said:

i started with soap sticks as a cheap way of trying different brands so if that's what you want to do without spending loads you need to get the following,

Boots
Wilkinson Sword
Speick

Ingrams cream is nearly as good as Proraso, so that's your menthol hit taken care of.

Is Speick a High Street available item or just online ?, i always check the Supermarkets for anything new but have never seen Speick

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.connaughtshaving.com/speickstick.html">http://www.connaughtshaving.com/speickstick.html</a><!-- m -->

not cheap i know but one i had to try and i'm glad i did, got in as part of a bigger consignment.

i also got the WS online but some chemists stock them (ask HM)

forget Erasmic as it changed it's formula, now tallow free and shite

Boots comes in a nice holder as well

For the WS stick you need to keep your eyes peeled in independent pharmacies - even then it's hit and miss - there are two branches of one near here (they have 25 across SE Scotland) - one stocks WS sticks, the other doesn't - that one is the only one I know of that sells it over the counter - I need to call in on another of their larger branches for a recce :D

Speick is rare even in Germany in shops - I got mine from a German healthfood shop - and if you think such places attract hippies and yoghurt-weavers here, over there you need to be dressed in woven yoghurt to enter the shop :lol:

hando said:
http://www.connaughtshaving.com/speickstick.html

not cheap i know but one i had to try and i'm glad i did, got in as part of a bigger consignment.

i also got the WS online but some chemists stock them (ask HM)

forget Erasmic as it changed it's formula, now tallow free and shite

Boots comes in a nice holder as well

Cheers Hando, i will have a nose through Connaughts stuff, i was looking at Williams Soap on the Bay for 4 Pucks + Shipping from the USA works out about £12.00

Williams has never tickled my fancy to be honest.

my next soap purchase will be C+E Sienna when they start making it again.

a mate's in France just now and i'm waiting to see if he brings me owt back, i gave him a big enough list :lol:

Back
Top Bottom