Arko vs the rest

Have to say I have tried so many soaps and creams over the past 4 years....
After reading all the replies to my original post I am left thinking most respondants are missing my point.
ARKO with a different scent, niegh a different branding and packaging format would...hmmmm.
I just think that it does the job better than most at a point of price that makes it a no brainer to anyone with a brain.
MDC...artisans...De fat.. I could go on and on..
But I'm a realist and my arko stick is simply effortless and the best.
The argument will no doubt go on.....and on
Take care gents.

Gallimore said:
Have to say I have tried so many soaps and creams over the past 4 years....
After reading all the replies to my original post I am left thinking most respondants are missing my point.
ARKO with a different scent, niegh a different branding and packaging format would...hmmmm.
I just think that it does the job better than most at a point of price that makes it a no brainer to anyone with a brain.
MDC...artisans...De fat.. I could go on and on..
But I'm a realist and my arko stick is simply effortless and the best.
The argument will no doubt go on.....and on
Take care gents.
As I said, I haven't tried Arko yet, but I was satisfied with Palmolive for over 25 years, until I tried Proraso green.
I used the Palmolive today and it's possibly more efficient, but the smell of Proraso and the menthol feel on the skin is slightly addictive.
I have ordered some Arko but the descriptions of the scent leave me a bit wary.

I'll let you know how I get on.

I have simple tastes & for me Arko is probably my favourite soap in terms of the closeness of the shave, how it lathers and cushioning during the shave.

Probably the soap (in my limited experience) that has the most explosive lather. Not sure if it is the tallow....I like the smell and you cannot argue about the price. Must be in everyone's rotation ;)

Well. the Arko arrived today, and now I know why people mentioned the smell. I recognise the smell but can't quite put my finger on it, cheap disinfectant possibly. I was halfway through my right jaw when I contemplated breaking the routine and do the lip straight away.
Not a bad lather but I find Palmolive is slightly better, and Proraso about the same as Arko but with a much better scent and that cool/ultra clean sensation of the mint.

dodgy said:
Boru62 said:
Well. the Arko arrived today, I recognise the smell but can't quite put my finger on it.

Reminds me of delousing day in most any Turkish prison. That what you were thinking too?
Never had the misfortune of being in a Turkish prison, but thanks to the smellivision version of Midnight Express, I think you've nailed it.

Back
Top Bottom