Arko

I'm no fan of the smell myself (lucky for me I can't smell a lot because of a accident), my wife loves the scent and I have to admit it lathers like the best. Not something I would buy myself. A few weeks ago I sold a straight razor to a Macedonian guy and he was so nice to send me a box full of Arko stuff, have tried all of them and I'm going to use them up but I won't be buying more.

Wanderlust167 said:
Absolutely love the stuff, except for the smell. Works brilliantly no matter how slap dash I am in my prep and I would recommend it to anyone for that alone.

AGIO very kindly sent me one to try and it's been in pretty constant use since then. Must have used it for 3 weeks straight before I switched to something else. Even now it's often the one I pick.

The smell doesn't do much for me although I don't dislike it. I figure it's not too bad as the wife hasn't complained yet so it must be ok for our house!

If you need another stick I've just bought a box full :)

I used to love it, and the smell didn't really bother me. I moulded into an Ikea container and the smell has mellowed, but I seem to have gone off it and back to more traditional scents such as menthols and sandalwood etc.

Not far off going in the bin as it can't be PIF'd I'm afraid.

NotTheStig said:
You could always add a few drops of fragrance oil - couple of pounds for plenty. I did that with a stinky Cussons shaving stick I grated - now very nice

Now that's an idea! Two drops of Bergamot oil have made a bit of a difference. I'll let it soak in and report back. If it's still stinky in the middle, which I suspect it will be, I'll try grating it up.

Cheers,
Stephen

I never get the urinal cake reference...... I like the scent enough to use it, I just find it a bit drying. Smells a lot less offensive to Tabac to me! YMMV as always :0)

Ive grated mine with a boots stick and made a frankenstein bowl

still a great lather and the boots stick takes a bit of loo smell away

It's going to be a while until I get close to the end of this stick, despite using it very frequently, but what happens when you get towards the end? On the Palmolive stick there is a plastic cap that allows you to hold it and get at most of the product, but not on the Arko one.

Am I missing something or is this a marketing tact that Arko haven't addressed?

Wanderlust167 said:
It's going to be a while until I get close to the end of this stick, despite using it very frequently, but what happens when you get towards the end? On the Palmolive stick there is a plastic cap that allows you to hold it and get at most of the product, but not on the Arko one.

Am I missing something or is this a marketing tact that Arko haven't addressed?

The old style crap Erasmic stick has a red holder. Fling the Erasmic stick and jamb the Arko stick into its holder. Worked for me for the past three years.

octopus said:
Keep rubbing into your face until it disintegrates I guess
Not much other choice is there? :icon_rolleyes:

The old style crap Erasmic stick has a red holder. Fling the Erasmic stick and jamb the Arko stick into its holder. Worked for me for the past three years.
[/quote]
I like that idea BS, sounds like a plan, thanks very much :icon_razz:

flip-68 said:
octopus said:
Keep rubbing into your face until it disintegrates I guess

this.

we're into this to save money, remember?

:)

Glad you reminded me, nearly forgot!

Back
Top Bottom