Artist Club/Cobra/Mongoose - Injector Type Blades

Norfolkdick said:
I have just been looking at images of the mongoose razor especially the head and I see that unlike the Cobra there are no blade stops, the blade is held in place by the studs, this would mean that the Pro Super blades would protrude further and thus give a more aggressive shave, have I read this right?

Regards
Dick.

Hi Dick - that is very much my understanding and I do recall seeing a video posted on YouTube that described and illustrated that very point. I've just tried to find it, but no joy, I'm afraid. But it may be worth taking a look at some of the Mongoose vids on YT, some of them are informative.

All the best,

Jon

I wonder if I can get some help on which blades to use.
I had my first shave with a Mongoose and Kai Milds today. I found it quite aggressive and had a few nicks on my neck. I usually shave with Gems/EverReady razors and Gem blades where I get a very good shave and no burn or cuts. I would like to start with the mildest blades and work myself up. Which blade should I start with? Are the Kai milds actually 'mild' or is there a Feather which is milder?
I will really appreciate any help.

Hi Arun. I have tried 4. The Feathers Pro Super is scary, the Feathers Pro is cool, the Feathers Pro Guard is safer and the Kai Captain Titan Mild is, um, somewhere around the Guard. If the Kai's trouble you try the Guards. But mostly, try working on your technique. Zero pressure and great soap.

Good luck

49er said:
Hi Arun. I have tried 4. The Feathers Pro Super is scary, the Feathers Pro is cool, the Feathers Pro Guard is safer and the Kai Captain Titan Mild is, um, somewhere around the Guard. If the Kai's trouble you try the Guards. But mostly, try working on your technique. Zero pressure and great soap.

Good luck

Thanks. I did not realise the blade was not sitting properly. One has to be very careful placing the blade and then ensuring that it does not move upon fixing the handle. I have not had a problem since. No cut, no burn. The best shaves ever, redifined my concept of BBS. I have ordered a sampler pack of blades from tryablade.com.
I will move in the manner you have suggested.
Fantastic razor, it is unlikely I will use my DEs now. Maybe Gems, but then why!!

Tried most of the Kai and Feather. After a lot of thought I think that the issue boils down to sharpness vs dimension. While the sharpness might not be that much of an issue on a Full Sized Straight it seems that there is such a thing as Too Sharp on a small blade.
Like the Feather Proguard the best.

Back
Top Bottom