Astra Super Platinum

I like them, and they perform well-enough for me in many razors. However, I did have a nasty experience with them this morning.

In common with anyone who owns more than one razor, and doesn't stick to one blade model or type, I tend to try different blades in different razors. This isn't very planned; just what I haul from the drawer for that day's razor, so it's a lottery.

As things go, I put an Astra Superior Platinum into my ATT S2, and went at it. The result is a reasonably clean shave, but tremendous irritation. I've not tried this razor/blade combination before, and it's pretty evident that they are unsuited. Why, I'm not sure, but maybe it's to do with it being a slant.

On the other hand, an Astra in a Tech, Slim or Fatboy works just fine for me.
Astras don't work well in my ATT razors (M, R2, H and S2) no idea why but shark blades work superbly in these. Fine in every other razor. Going to be testing it in the Wolfman OC today, which I find to be a very fussy razor.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Astras don't work well in my ATT razors (M, R2, H and S2) no idea why but shark blades work superbly in these. Fine in every other razor. Going to be testing it in the Wolfman OC today, which I find to be a very fussy razor.

Lets be honest here, life would be friggin' boring if there was a universally accepted best blade *channels Clarkson*....in the world!

This got me thinking does any universal product exist in the wet shaving world? We know creams lather regardless but is that it??

Back
Top Bottom