Autumn ...

It´s getting colder up north and autum is here. Thought about it when I read the post about what good autumn scents there are (sandalwood is allways nice). Anyhow, I love it when the leaves starts to change coulors (those red leaves on the ground wasn´t red a week ago):

mikael-albums-straights-picture8276-snb13671.jpg

Some of the local flora have been showing their Autumn colours for a little while here.

Of those that have turned I personally think they are giving a really good show of colour, the best for a while actually.

Mikael, I hear the winter coming will be a very tough one again (here in the Baltic at least).
Autumn is fine, but having to bear for another year a 3-4 month period @ -20deg. C and 1/2 m of snow, won't be easy...

I heard that too, K. But I hope not, electrical bill was insane last winter, for almost four months :evil: (don´t get me started on that). I also heard it was BS to do such a forecast, I do hope that´s true!

I know that our Scottish winters are not in the same league of cold as you guys, but the last winter was the coldest for almost 50 years.

You normally get a few snowfalls each winter, but they only stay on the ground for a few days, but this time the snow started in mid-December and did not leave until mid-January and our lowest temperature was -15C possibly lower in sheltered places around here (like my back garden for some strange reason!).

Too early to tell yet I reckon.

Reminds me of an old joke
Weather Forecast

The Indian Chief thought that it was going to be a bad winter so he sent all the braves out to collect wood. As he watched them return laden with timber from the forest he suddenly felt that he ought to check his forecast so he phoned the local met office.

"Tell me, is it going to be a bad winter?"

"Yes" said the forecaster " it will be a bad one"

So the Chief told the braves that they didn't have enough wood and sent them back into the forest again. They returned with more wood but once again the Chief had doubts and he called the forecaster to confirm.

"It is going to be a really severe winter" replied the forecaster.

The Chief look at the wood store, decided that more was required and the braves were dispatched back in to forest. The Chief called the forecaster.

"Are you sure it's going to be a really severe winter"

"Look" said the forecaster "its definitely going to be the worst winter on record - the Indians are gathering wood like crazy!""

I must say down depest south as I am its not really much changed yet, the main thing is the nights are drawing in and the wind has got colder. We are normaly quite mild up until january though. I hope its not as bad as last this year, we really do not have the skills to cope with very cold weather as it happens so infrequently. Really hit the small business hard in emsworth.

Saying that autumn can be beautiful and is probably the best time of year for getting out of bed early and taking the sogs for a stroll through the woods.

Mikael said:
It´s getting colder up north and autum is here. Thought about it when I read the post about what good autumn scents there are (sandalwood is allways nice). Anyhow, I love it when the leaves starts to change coulors (those red leaves on the ground wasn´t red a week ago):

mikael-albums-straights-picture8276-snb13671.jpg

Hello Mikael

That is braw, or is it bra in Swedish?

I watch too, too much Wallander :oops:

Millay said:
I must say down depest south as I am its not really much changed yet, the main thing is the nights are drawing in and the wind has got colder. We are normaly quite mild up until january though. I hope its not as bad as last this year, we really do not have the skills to cope with very cold weather as it happens so infrequently. Really hit the small business hard in emsworth.

Saying that autumn can be beautiful and is probably the best time of year for getting out of bed early and taking the sogs for a stroll through the woods.

My Dad lives down in Emsworth, small world isn't it?

This was my front garden in January of this year.

DSCF2845a.jpg

and the back garden.

DSCF2852a.jpg

I really do not want another winter like that for a long while!

Ok, this is where i can mock you all, right? Here as soon as we get 3 snowflakes, no one knows how to drive anymore, and the declare a state of emergency, schools are closed etc...

Winter here is anything below 10 degrees during the day, 2 degrees at night.

Still not heating my apartment, and I've got 21 degrees inside, 11 degrees outside. Today I've been walking around in a t-shirt all day ;)

But I would like some snow though, I do miss it, I'll pop over to Mikaels or N_As some day to make an igloo :D

FB.

Ranger: It´s "bra", thank you! They´re very good/bra the new Enghlish ones!

FB: :evil: :lol: You´re more than welcome, it would be pleasure to hvae you!

Konstantinos: I met a Riga ones, she was a very, very noughty girl :D .

Adam: My God, it looks like you live in Sweden :lol:

Last christmas (before the real snow came :( ):
mikael-albums-straights-picture8278-img-0427.jpg

Mikael,

I think this was my last visit to Sweden:

g8BWF.jpg

I'm the smalest one in the silver ski outfit.. :D

Thanks for the invite N_A and Mikael! We could do a meet in Stockholm..and drink aquavit and roll around in the snow after a sauna. (I think a sauna would be a good pre-shave!)
(direct flights from Riga, and from Marseille with ryanair ;) )
Might actually be cheaper for a return flight to stockholm, than what MdC charges for shipping :p

Seriously though, if and when I'm planning on going that way, I'll let you guys know, I do miss real snow :(

FB.

Back
Top Bottom