Avon Today's Man Vintage Shaving Soap

Browsing ebay last night I came across this.

2 x 90gm shaving soaps and a matching brush for $10

looking at reviews and trying to get some info before buying i bought as the offer seemed to good not to get.

other sites have no mention of it but did say most old avon soaps are tallow and excellent performers, one even said its comparable to vintage yardley.

any roads, has anyone ever seen it or used it

9fbae9777213dd3cc9cc5ba7be97a8c7_zps51cded42.jpg

Al H said:
Browsing ebay last night I came across this.

2 x 90gm shaving soaps and a matching brush for $10

looking at reviews and trying to get some info before buying i bought as the offer seemed to good not to get.

other sites have no mention of it but did say most old avon soaps are tallow and excellent performers, one even said its comparable to vintage yardley.

any roads, has anyone ever seen it or used it

Haven't tried it, but those reviews about the stuff are pretty impressive. I've had really good old soaps like Ralph Lauren, Old Spice, Yardley, Lentheric, and others..... excellent products. Then you got things like Burma Shave, Halston, and others I've forgotten about that are nothing special. Well, if those soaps are somewhere close in performance to the old Yardley you will have found yourself quite a score.

Martin

Oh.......it looks like you are firmly outta control regarding the Shaving Soap Crazy Train. Good to see.

It's my only vice Martin
Find the perfect razor, a couple of brushes you like and the hardware is done
I thank The Lord I'm not into creams or after shave lotions

It's also a good job I didn't plump for the matching avon glass mug :)

Bearing in mind I've done this with a damp brush and brand new vintage puck in less than a minute

One of the best lathers I've seen.

A very lucky find

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/aUVvYlxh-BM[/video]

Al H said:
One of the best lathers I've seen.

A very lucky find

Nice when things work as you hoped they would. Not so lucky when you consider the research done before purchasing. Any scent to the stuff?

Congrats on the good guess,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom