Back to the Future

LOL Reading this brings back some memory's....bonus print, send your film off with a cheque, and get a free film with your prints. The prints that didn't go we'll had a hint sticker placed on them :angel:

My late Dad had a Yashica Mat and it was his pride and joy until some tw@t stole his car in 1970 - in Yorkshire - with all his photography gear in the boot.

daz said:
Also got a lovely yashicamat with the good lens and a mamiya c330. A few older canons and a rangefinder whose name escape me. I was going to sell them along with an old cinefilm camera, slide projector and a couple of Polaroids. Last time I checked however they don't get much money. Better to hold onto them and use every now and then for novelty value, you never know they might be worth more in 40 years time

NotTheStig said:
That's no doubt very true. I hope that my grandad's is working well. I am off on holiday at the end of this week; this thread has spurred me to dig the camera out, take out the film and get it develped. Not sure I have one of those little film canisters so maybe that should be the first thing I do!

Apparently ASDA develop them for about £4 a film + 97p if you want them all toasted on to a disc. A one hour service I believe.

No doubt someone will know of somewhere cheaper.

The ancient Yashica J (which was my grandfather's) has produced some better than half decent results - for a camera built in 1961. I'm very happy with it and it's a keepeer.

Hopefully I have correctly attached a sample of the fading Alcan industrial site on the North bank of the River Blyth (it was actually the location of the chase with 'Eric', on the staithes, in the final scenes of Get Carter before redevelopment).

Comments appreciated....

Attachments

• CNV00022.JPG
    CNV00022.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom