Bad Blades

Can't get on with Moscow blades. Rapira Swedish Supersteel, Rapira Platinum Lux & Voskhod are all dog-rough. By contrast, St Petersburg blades are fantastic with Rubies, Silver Blues & Polsilvers being my top 3 blades.

Derby blades are the only ones that have given me a truly awful shave. Feathers just cause too much razor burn and ingrown hairs so not for me either.

Derby blades are the only ones that have given me a truly awful shave. Feathers just cause too much razor burn and ingrown hairs so not for me either.
Neither the Derby Extra or Premium blades do much for me. I find them to be such mild (blunt?) blades that even when I've tried them in the most aggressive razors I've got, I feel stubble after a short while. They're as ineffective as some Indian blades and also a couple of brands supposedly from Germany.

Not tried the Merkur blades as they have a dire reputation. Not tried the Derby Premium but the Extras cut me to buggery in a DE89. Too many good blades out there so tossed the tuck.

Back
Top Bottom