Banned forever from Badger & Blade

RE: Banned for ever from Badger & Blade

On any decent forum they have a sequence of warning before banning someone, a disciplinary procedure if you like. B&B mods seem to be power crazed which is a bad attribute for a mod.

If you post a thread they didn't like they should have contacted you in the first instance and placed a note on your record to show that, if you do it again a formal warning would be normal. Carry on and most places would give you a temporary suspension of a week or 2 before a lifetime ban.

They do themselves no favours as threads like this litter the various shaving forums and just make them look like a bunch of inadequate jerks trying to make themselves feel powerful. IMHO

Are you not in good company with other prominent TSR members on the B&B banned list?

Injustice and rejection rolled into one might leave a man feeling badly! We are here to listen, Jamie - publicly or PMly.

Hear! Hear! well said, Jeltz!

If I remember a while a go I started some crazy post in B&B about my wife's family member's death and leaving his razors to her (never happened) I even managed to get the idea of him being "trailer trash"
Just for enquiring as to there worth I got a long winded email of the rules of selling on B&B but I was not binned.
(And a few TSR members joining in to stir the cauldron) He He He

Interestingly I did receive PM's with people attempting to acquire the razors, scandalous behaviour with my wife's (cough,cough,) grieving.

:s

pugh-the-special-one said:
Badger & Blade must be the equivalent of North Korea if they decided to set up a shaving forum.

Jamie, you hit the nail right on the head! I couldn't have phrased that better myself!

Jeltz said:
On any decent forum they have a sequence of warning before banning someone, a disciplinary procedure if you like. B&B mods seem to be power crazed which is a bad attribute for a mod.

If you post a thread they didn't like they should have contacted you in the first instance and placed a note on your record to show that, if you do it again a formal warning would be normal. Carry on and most places would give you a temporary suspension of a week or 2 before a lifetime ban.

They do themselves no favours as threads like this litter the various shaving forums and just make them look like a bunch of inadequate jerks trying to make themselves feel powerful. IMHO

Well for those of you that don't know, I'm a mod on another site (most of you probably know already!) and the policy on that site is as you describe, Jeltz, which is a lot more reasonable than B&B.

Quite frankly, I don't see the point in being part of B&B. They are just too far up their own arses to be able to run a real site. I couldn't care less about them.

Jeltz said:
I too was banned for being a member of this forum who contributed to a thread, I received an apology from Joel on another forum as a result.

He offered to reinstate my account, as it happens I had already re-joined. Having a dynamic IP address and several email addresses is handy sometimes.

Well in that case, I hope they ban me too! I would rather die a member of TSR than stay a member of a nasty group like B&B. What a bunch of snobs.

Go on guys, who is "Phil" of the Baby Butt Smooth blog?

I usually ended up on B&B from following reviews of products, but the first time I did a google search for "badger&blade" I discovered the "Don't call it Badger and Blade, call it Sissies and Stiffs" post.

I'm asking because he made me cry all down my leg and owes me a pair of strides. Particularly the comments section where the sissies and stiffs turn up to complain, the big stiff sissies.

I am feeling really left out now and unloved as I have not been banned from B&B. Maybe that will be rectified now if they read this.

This place is the best online anyway.

UK version is much better :D

But if you really want to join again:

> Disconnect from the internet and reconnect (should give you a new IP address).
> Go to Yahoo/Gmail/Outlook and create a new temp address.
> Register with new address.
> Post.

cruciate said:
Never been on. Haven't felt the need after meeting you guys first.
All sounds very strange

Same here. It seems to me as though they have an obsession with what they think is "gentlemanly" behaviour, which actually seems to be a maze of pointless rules and an aversion to any form of disagreement or friendly piss-taking.:icon_razz:

Almost worth my joining just to obtain the honourary distinction of "Badger & Blade Bannee." . On second thoughts, I chance my arm more than sufficiently here, relying on the mods' & Boab's common sense. Nice to be allowed to play with the grown ups.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

shiny said:
I am feeling really left out now and unloved as I have not been banned from B&B. Maybe that will be rectified now if they read this.

This place is the best online anyway.

Louis said:
shiny said:
I am feeling really left out now and unloved as I have not been banned from B&B.

Me too! I demand a ban! :icon_razz:

I wouldn't demand a ban, not demans as such.... :D

I don't post there much, but do drop in now and then, the technical data is superb, I make use of it quite often. The absolute ban on a few things that are a 'meh' to me is 'odd', but they are merkans and having worked with merkans for many years I've leraned that the US has a similar level of idiot to the UK, factor in a few more people in the population add the internet and the one or two eejits seem to be magnified :(

As I use the same username everywhere I go this could be interesting when I next drop into B&B for a browse :)

Fido said:
Every cloud has a silver lining. My ban from B&B led to me appreciating the real value of this place. A really friendly and helpful crowd and moderators who show a lot of common sense when one of us inevitably does something a bit daft.

Exactly and its this reason that this forum will grow while B&B will not if it carries on the way it is.

gazza said:

I usually ended up on B&B from following reviews of products, but the first time I did a google search for "badger&blade" I discovered the "Don't call it Badger and Blade, call it Sissies and Stiffs" post.

I'm asking because he made me cry all down my leg and owes me a pair of strides. Particularly the comments section where the sissies and stiffs turn up to complain, the big stiff sissies.

Thanks Gazza, I really enjoyed that read. Very entertaining, and enjoyed the responses too. Especially the reference to 'Phil's' rapist wit [sic]. Shame he's not still posting, as I would read for sure; but he's such an entertaining writer, let's hope he doesn't have the time because he's too busy writing for money. I felt his pain; that 'period of ban; lifetime. Reason for ban; none' is strangely painful.

soapalchemist said:
gazza said:

Thanks Gazza, I really enjoyed that read. Very entertaining, and enjoyed the responses too. Especially the reference to 'Phil's' rapist wit [sic]. Shame he's not still posting, as I would read for sure; but he's such an entertaining writer, let's hope he doesn't have the time because he's too busy writing for money. I felt his pain; that 'period of ban; lifetime. Reason for ban; none' is strangely painful.
I here by declare the renaming of said website to "Badgered and Banned!". We should all lobby for a Badger forum cull. :D

Back
Top Bottom