Barber shop experiences

Hey fellas,

After a recent experience at a barber shop I was wondering what YOUR experiences were like.

If you could tell me the name of the shop, where it is roughly (don't worry, I won't stalk you! lol), how much it costs for a shave etc there, and a brief account of your experience there, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again lads.

:)

Go down to an Indian barber in Leicester and a shave is £3. It's a proper job too.

For £10 you can have a haircut, head massage and shave :)

Ever since DE shaving, I've never been back!

I have had shaves at the following

1. Nile street Barbers, Brighton (on nile street :roll: in the 'lanes') - cost £16. Proraso all the way. Was a good shave, not rushed.

2. Efe barbers, Cheapside, City of London - cost £18. started with proraso, unknown soap (not bad though) and finished with some turkish lemon cologne. quick massage afterwards and hair wash all in! - excellent shave on first visit, meh shave on second visit!

3. Geo F Trumpers, Curzon street, Mayfair, London - cost £38 :shock: Trumpers products used throughout (obv.) not rushed at all, best shave I have had in my life! left feeling great and smelling great. Was it worth the price tag? As a treat, yes absolutely. Would I do it regularly? no.

Have wanted to go to a turkish barber for a proper shave for years, BUT always wanted to have some sublle worth shaving off but with jobs have never been able to have more than a couple of days growth to do it. Now living where I am I'm not sure whats about to try at a reasonable price, but need to do something before I return to active duty and have to remain clean shaven

Evvaa said:
Have wanted to go to a turkish barber for a proper shave for years, BUT always wanted to have some sublle worth shaving off but with jobs have never been able to have more than a couple of days growth to do it. Now living where I am I'm not sure whats about to try at a reasonable price, but need to do something before I return to active duty and have to remain clean shaven

Alan,

There is a place in Cardiff called Windsor Barbers which is 20 quid for a shave. Not been there myself but it was recommended to me by another member on here whose name escapes me for now. At 20 quid a go, I guess it's more in the "once in a while for a treat" bracket, but it is supposed to be very good there.

As for smaller, more local, barbers in the area, I don't know of any off the top of my head, but I'm going to keep searching and I'll let you know if I find any :)

jonno40 said:
Evvaa said:

Alan,

There is a place in Cardiff called Windsor Barbers which is 20 quid for a shave. Not been there myself but it was recommended to me by another member on here whose name escapes me for now. At 20 quid a go, I guess it's more in the "once in a while for a treat" bracket, but it is supposed to be very good there.

As for smaller, more local, barbers in the area, I don't know of any off the top of my head, but I'm going to keep searching and I'll let you know if I find any :)

Will save some pennies and make a day out to cardiff then :) thank you

Elite Barbers in Barnet are good for a haircut, not had a shave there yet, but will be doing the next time I go for a trim - shave is £12, cut is £9. £20 for the both.

They seem to know their stuff though, had a good chat with the guy while I was in the chair

This seems a long time ago:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://fidosshavingblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/traditional-wet-shave.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fidosshavingblog.blogspot.com/20 ... shave.html</a><!-- m -->

Back
Top Bottom