Bargain, I think? Vintage virgin....

Having acquired a few modern razors and getting much enjoyment from them, I thought I would tentatively dip my toe in the vintage pool, to see what alll the fuss is about :icon_cheesygrin: I have a 'mate' who, like me has only been into DE razors for a relatively short time, but has a very bad case of RAD. He's acquired over a dozen in a few months. He bought a load of stuff round for me to look at and left me with a couple to try. I really fell in love with a Slim, so decided to hunt one down.

On the way, I accidentally bought one of these:

IMAGES DELETED

A lovely little Tech in a Bakelite case with a few English made blades. I've not used it yet, but it's incredibly light and appears very tight and well put together. I'm thinking it would make a great travel razor. It cost me the princely sum of ten of your English pounds! :icon_razz:

And yes, I found my Slim. It hasn't arrived yet, but it is boxed and my birth year and quarter. It appears to be in near mint condition. Unlike the Tech, I think I may have got carried away and paid way over the odds for it :blush: Also, it's coming from the US so I may yet get stung for import duty too :icon_sad: but in my defence, it was late, I'd had a few beers and it looked real pretty!

Save me from helpful mates, alcohol and Ebay, a demonic combination!

Nice squirrel dinner...if you don't want folks to view the other pics in your image library copy the direct link into some img tags.

antdad said:
Better edit that before someone complains or throws up.

Err, OK :huh: I was trying to post thumbnails to take up a little less space. I hadn't realised that that forum members were likely to be so inquisitive or sensitive!

Well that pic link sent us straight to your personal library and the thumbnails were there for all to see, anyway a squirrel dinner doesn't offend me but if a neighbour flashes her tits at me I will look and then tell her to cover up which is what I've done.

If you want to keep flashing your tits go ahead.

Very nice looking razor!

Helveticum said:
Excellent find. Also, don't worry about the import duty as it's under 20 quid (correct me someone if I'm wrong).

£15 now (used to be £18) for VAT to be payable. I think to be exempt (or reduced rate) for an antique it needs to be over 100 years old according to Her Majesty's Crime and Extortion. Duty is a different matter and there are now much higher limits for that to be payable, so it's just VAT and the courier's handling charge if it gets caught.

Helveticum said:
Excellent find. Also, don't worry about the import duty as it's under 20 quid (correct me someone if I'm wrong).

No the ten quid tech (pictured) was from the UK, so no duty issues. Sadly the Slim from the US cost me a fair bit more than that, so I could still get stung?

FoxyRick said:
Very nice looking razor!

Helveticum said:

£15 now (used to be £18) for VAT to be payable. I think to be exempt (or reduced rate) for an antique it needs to be over 100 years old according to Her Majesty's Crime and Extortion. Duty is a different matter and there are now much higher limits for that to be payable, so it's just VAT and the courier's handling charge if it gets caught.

Ah, I see - VAT isn't a major deal if it gets snagged.

Missed the good photos again!! Squirrel is usually only eaten in our Red States. Then a 'mess of brains' was a great gift when you came calling in the 'holler' .

YorkNeil said:
Nice razor - well done. BTW what does squirrel taste like?

A bit like rabbit, but maybe more gamey. A real faff to skin though and not much meat on them. Any way, back on topic...... :icon_razz:

Soup Dragon said:
antdad said:
Nice squirrel dinner...if you don't want folks to view the other pics in your image library copy the direct link into some img tags.

Nosey! Thanks for the tip, though!

You can still get round that by right clicking on the image and selecting "copy image location"
Then just paste it into google and voila!
Best idea is to resize the images on your pc and upload them directly onto the site.
Your fish looks a decent size by the way, although judging from the second pic I don't know if I would be too keen on the flavouring ;-)

Back
Top Bottom