Baths...

does anybody take them any more?

Convenient for kids and playing hunt the soap but I can't remember the last time I took one.

I'm thinking of having my elderly mother's bathroom converted into a wet room and getting rid of the bath altogether.

now and again, if i have had a shit day at work and im aching all over, then a hot bath is good, sometimes if i have a lazy weekend shave i will have a bath before or after depending how i feel.

i think if you have a Hot Tub with a couple of optional extras then it could be more rewarding

hot-tub.jpg

antdad said:
does anybody take them any more?

Convenient for kids and playing hunt the soap but I can't remember the last time I took one.

I'm thinking of having my elderly mother's bathroom converted into a wet room and getting rid of the bath altogether.

Nope, if it wasn't for the kids I would get rid of the damn thing.

To me showers come under the same grouping as cartridge razors, aerosol foam and instant coffee - they are simply not the thing.
The only civilised form of ablution is to immerse one's body in warm scented water for as long as possible - it is so agreeable.
When did you last hear of anyone having having any profound thoughts or solving any problems in the shower?
Bathing is the only way to go!

10 years in this house, 2 bathrooms, 2 baths, never used. We shower only.
I'm also thinking of turning one of the bathrooms into a wet room and getting rid of the bath.
regards, beejay

A bit off-topic, but

sunburyboy93 said:
...nice to see someone appreciates the Sellotape Love...
Sellotape Love here, Carrot Love there (paging some other TSR soul), wanted to leave a msg to both blogs but couldn't (needs Wordpress account name or something), but anyway, we support all efforts of our guys! :D

From my end, I've been trying to get down and have my website finally up & running but it's still incomplete and I'm too busy with work and studies lately.
Don't expect to find an analysis on Sellotape or Carrot Love though, instead stories from my travels...

N_Architect said:
A bit off-topic, but

sunburyboy93 said:
...nice to see someone appreciates the Sellotape Love...
Sellotape Love here, Carrot Love there (paging some other TSR soul), wanted to leave a msg to both blogs but couldn't (needs Wordpress account name or something), but anyway, we support all efforts of our guys! :D

From my end, I've been trying to get down and have my website finally up & running but it's still incomplete and I'm too busy with work and studies lately.
Don't expect to find an analysis on Sellotape or Carrot Love though, instead stories from my travels...

Glad to see your also into the Sellotape "K" :lol: :lol:, nice pics on your Travel Blog, will have a good look and read later, looks interesting

I have a bath every day - we don't have a proper shower cubical, just a shower head over the bath in a very silly position and a curtain that goes part way round. I hate the feel when it sticks to you, which it does......and in a proper shower cubical, I hate the way the rest of the world feels so cold when you leave it. But I am occasionally forced to have a shower when in hotels travelling for work.
If I had a wet room that was big enough to hang a warm dressing gown in, I might be tempted more often....but not to the exclusion of ever relaxing in a bath.

Back
Top Bottom