Behind the SOTD-scenes

"When your photo is boring...turn it into b&w and it becomes 'artsy'"
2lu2etu.jpg

Great looking photo and the Tankard looks class. Loving your work. :D

Wow...fascinating thread with loads of great posts...I've only just seen it and it's great to see how people do the biz for their pics.
All of mine are set up either on a windowsill, or the staircase, or duvet, set of drawers, fire place, etc. Sometimes I use a dark green pack towel to create a background. I use a head torch and a couple of small flashlights for lighting sometimes, and all my pics are taken on my Android phone. I do a little picture tweaking on my Mac's default 'Preview' editing software...all very basic, but it's really great fun! I will take inspiration from this thread and put more effort in.;):):):)

I don't really do 'SOTD' pictures, but I have photographed a few razors in my time.
Here is my new home made setup, used for the first time today.
Setup1.png

I place the razor on the sample floor tile from B&Q
Here is how the setup is assembled: The acrylic plate is sandwiched between two quick release systems, so I can easily attach the plate to the tripod with one of them and the camera to the plate with the second. I can either place the razor straight onto the acrylic board or use a cheap sample PVC floor tile or some other lightweight surface.
Setup2.png

Here's a picture I took with this setup earlier...
Merkur37C_Barrier1.jpg

I don't really do 'SOTD' pictures, but I have photographed a few razors in my time.
Setup1.png

Here is how the setup is assembled: The acrylic plate is sandwiched between two quick release systems, so I can easily attach the plate to the tripod with one of them and the camera to the plate with the second. I can either place the razor straight onto the acrylic board or use a cheap sample PVC floor tile or some other lightweight surface.
Setup2.png

Merkur37C_Barrier1.jpg
Very clever, I thought you had painted the railings one night with your shaving brush! :)

Setup1.png

Setup2.png

Merkur37C_Barrier1.jpg

Great set up!
You must be attracting some attention with that though :)

Great set up!
You must be attracting some attention with that though :)
Thanks. The area at the Thames Barrier where I take pictures is not directly on the Thames Path, so it's rather quiet there in the morning. The odd jogger has no time to notice what I'm doing.
When I take my setup to central London things might be different :D

Back
Top Bottom