Best brush for face lathering

Hi to everyone,
I`m new on this forum & i am getting valuable information from all the different threads.
I just wanted to ask which brush in your opinion is the best for face lathering.I`m tempted to go for Duke 3 as i hear a lot of good things about this
brush.
All your opinions much appreciated.
Frank.

I am a face latherer and find both my Vufix 404 and Semogue 1305 do an excellent job. I suppose it depends a bit on your price range but both those brushes are very reasonable (the 404 especially) so certainly worth a shot anyway. If your budget is higher I'm pretty sure one of Fido's New Forest brushes is suited to face lathering. If that's the case go for that.

My favourite currently is my Duke 2. My Duke 3 came this morning but not gave it a outing yet.

I had a 404, IMO semogues are better. I found the 404 dead scritchy. My 830 is much better in face feel.

I've been recently using a Tubby 1, I need to use it a bit more though to see if it's going to knock the duke off the top spot.

new forest 2201 :)

my very favourite face lathering beast.

he's bringing out some new handles soon with the 2201 knot.. and prices are usualy around £30 for a NF brush... best brush ive ever owned by far. I'll be buying another when they come out.

shrink said:
new forest 2201 :)

my very favourite face lathering beast.

he's bringing out some new handles soon with the 2201 knot.. and prices are usualy around £30 for a NF brush... best brush ive ever owned by far. I'll be buying another when they come out.

Another vote for the 2201, amazing brush for the money. The Simpsons Duke has also impressed me.

At the cheaper and boar end of the scale you cant go wrong with an Omega 48 or a Semogue 2000/1305.

Third vote for the NF 2201:I took it with me to California last week and it was a sweet reunion!
The Semogue SOC in finest badger its another wonderful performer,as well as the little Vie Long 16726 in finest badger too.

I've not tried every brush on the planet, but the New Forest 2201 is streets ahead of anything else that I have used.

Ian

Definitely a New Forest two band badger. The 2201 if you like a std size 22mm knot brush, a 2401tubby 1 if you like something a little larger, 24mm knot, or a 2601 tubby 2 if you fancy something larger still with a 26mm knot approaching the size of a chubby2. All are excellent brushes, superb value for money and the customer service is far beyond anything you will get from anyone else. Speak to Fido on here, He will sort you out something special.

At the low end you may consider the Vulfix 404 Bodger, as others have also suggested.

Then you have a couple of good boars, like the Semogue 830 or 620 or even the SOC.
The New Forest range is a 'must' option as well, great value for money, you can get a 2216 or any Tubby for very good face lathering.

However, once you try a Simpson brush like the Duke, you'll understand why they have such high reputation.
And of course there are some real monsters at the high end, the Simpson Chubby 2 or 3, a Shavemac two band, etc. which really prove that you only need a couple of those and not much else for practically the rest of your shaving years...

As fellow member Fido rightfully wrote one day, if you intend to spend a bit of money go to a shop and see/feel some expensive brushes.
Most people would not buy a luxury brush (i.e. paying more than £80) unless they examine it first hand before buying, in a shop, and not through the internet.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom