[attachment=10787]

Big shout out to Jamie for the razor.Fantastic shave
Razor Henckels
Soap bay rum WSC
Brush Midas custom
Mug Old Spice
Aftershave Jovan musk

Jpshaver said:
It is a great feeling when you get that shaving moment. I used a Wiliam purist for the first time this evening; wish I could say the same

It did not go well

Oh no what happened? :icon_sad:

pjgh said:
Beauty! Quite a feeling, eh? :D
One of the best feelings but that razor so so sharp

Small, very sharp edge, a vicious point and it seems a change in my usual technique is very much required

Its a lovely razor but I now have three, pretty deep gashes on my left cheek. Still, in a weird way i still enjoyed the experience and it makes it even better when do finally get that perfect shave like yours. I had just about got there with a normal straight, even the bigger blades, but this felt way different.

Hate it when I get shaves like that,I took a big slither of skin from under the nose a few weeks ago with a straight. Gusher ! didn't shave for a week but the next shave ...was nice I put a bit more time and effort into it. Stick with it,I hope your next shave is your best yet.

Inker said:
Big shout out to Jamie for the razor.Fantastic shave
Razor Henckels
Soap bay rum WSC
Brush Midas custom
Mug Old Spice
Aftershave Jovan musk

I'm very pleased to hear the J.A Henckels produced a fine shave Gavin,to be honest I never doubted the razor the moment I posted her to you.

The last big bleeder I got was gracefully drawing around my chin. I watched the angle get too sharp and I watched the blade beach into my face! Straight line deep cut. I left it a week. I can still see it every now and again. Another one on my cheek came up really painful after a couple of months, bled again and then disappeared. I guess the sub-cutaneous damage had finally grown through to the surface.

Heal up ... have another go.

I had one of my best ever shaves today with an EverReady 1912. I'd used it before and always with good results but today with Truefitt & Hill No.10 it just clicked beautifully. 1 WTG pass and a little XTG & ATG buffing as a 2nd pass and I was done, lovely and smooth and zero irritation. All over in 5 minutes as well which is quicker than ever. I'm going to Tenerife in November and was pondering which razor to take - the 1912 stormed into the lead today!

The only downside was I couldn't get right under the nose with the 1912's large head but a little touch up with a shavette dealt with that in 30 seconds.

Haha! Wonderful! :D

If you can stand ATG up your top lip, that's the way to do it. I am fast finding that WTG & ATG is the way to go with the 1912, just not with a fresh blade - give it at least one, maybe a couple of shaves before pulling that stunt, but if you've got that good, close shave with a fresh blade over a couple of days, pulling an ATG on your third just carries on the trend.

Go with what the blade tells you ...

Back
Top Bottom