Beware - The D.R. Harris sandalwood aftershave!

Bought some of this the other day from connaught.

I thought Trumpers lime had a sting to it, but it is nothing compared to this one!

Smells great, really great, a really interesting take on sandalwood. It says 'tangy' on the label which surprised me a bit as I would not have described sandalwood as 'tangy' but it really is. (I will post a review in the review section)

The thing is, I thought I'd had a good shave, It felt good and then I applied the DRH. OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!

It stings. A lot! - obviously my shave was not as good as I thought it was.

English said:
The Art of Shaving products use Australian Sandalwood. It's a harsher more bitter scent than good Indian Sandalwood but is genuine and quite an expensive oil. In contrast, Nanny's Silly Soap Company sell a soft sandalwood soap which is unmistakeably old school Sandalwood. Now if you want to try a good Sandalwood, Nanny's is just the best and it's affordable. For some of the younger generation who will have tried the modern Sandalwood creations, Nanny's might just be too subtle. I doubt it though, my kids can still smell and taste quality. I think we all can.

You're preaching to the converted about Sharon's soaps, every one's a winner!

English said:
Thanks for the information, it was on my list to try but now it's definately off

Don't cross DRH Sandalwood off the list! It's too good. Makes the skin smooth and toned, is great at beating burn, smells fantastic and for me only stings slightly for two seconds (try leaving the aftershave on your palms for a few seconds before applying to face - reduces stinging due to alcohol evaporation i think)

Buy a sample from Connaught, always the best option.

Back
Top Bottom