Blue ink recommendations?

SmallBeard said:
Haha :), I will keep you all updated. I need a way to speed up the testing process...

Seeing as I only have 2 pens, the obvious answer is buy more pens! Maybe at payday I'll order another. I quite like the clear Safari, or the Vista I think it's called, but basically a clear safari. Also, I like the grip section on the nexx, it looks comfortable, so that's another potential candidate. Oh dear, look what I've got myself into...

For testing purposes you could use a dip pen. Very inexpensive, easy to rinse, and that way you wouldn't have to fill, empty, rinse and re-fill a number of fountain pens.

DipPenPauFero1.jpg

FrankieG said:
SmallBeard said:
Haha :), I will keep you all updated. I need a way to speed up the testing process...

Seeing as I only have 2 pens, the obvious answer is buy more pens! Maybe at payday I'll order another. I quite like the clear Safari, or the Vista I think it's called, but basically a clear safari. Also, I like the grip section on the nexx, it looks comfortable, so that's another potential candidate. Oh dear, look what I've got myself into...

For testing purposes you could use a dip pen. Very inexpensive, easy to rinse, and that way you wouldn't have to fill, empty, rinse and re-fill a number of fountain pens.

DipPenPauFero1.jpg

Ooh, that sounds like a plan. Is all I require literally just the nib and handle? I've been looking on dippennibs.co.uk and I've noted a reservoir too?? It's very cheap but I don't know what I need.

Thanks for your help :)

Alex

Dr Rick said:
If you're after a sober purple you actually might want WES Imperial Blue after all!

Haha, I kind of do now. At the time I was looking for a nice blue for more formal uses, but for writing notes, or just in my little journal, I quite like the idea of a nice purple.

I can imagine it won't be long until my next Cult Pens order, so I will add a 30ml bottle to that. Maybe one day I'll get through all 100 Diamine inks, then they will add more...

Cheers Doc :)

SmallBeard said:
FrankieG said:
SmallBeard said:

Ooh, that sounds like a plan. Is all I require literally just the nib and handle? I've been looking on dippennibs.co.uk and I've noted a reservoir too?? It's very cheap but I don't know what I need.

Alex

Yes, that's all you need. We used dip pens in school when I was a young lad, before moving on to fountain pens. You just dip the nib in your ink bottle, write what you can till the ink held on the nib runs out, dip again, etc. etc. It's not very practical in the long run, but perfect for testing inks I would think.

FrankieG said:
SmallBeard said:
FrankieG said:
SmallBeard said:

Alex

Yes, that's all you need. We used dip pens in school when I was a young lad, before moving on to fountain pens. You just dip the nib in your ink bottle, write what you can till the ink held on the nib runs out, dip again, etc. etc. It's not very practical in the long run, but perfect for testing inks I would think.

I like the sound of that. Thanks Frankie :)

It's what sbrebrown used in the video Chris posted, a glass one which looked pretty damn cool. Purely for the same reason, testing a lot of inks would require a lot of pens, and a whole lot more faffing.

Thanks for your help.

Alex

SmallBeard said:
I can imagine it won't be long until my next Cult Pens order, so I will add a 30ml bottle to that. Maybe one day I'll get through all 100 Diamine inks, then they will add more...

As I understand it there are currently 101 "standard" Diamine colours (the 100 you speak of plus Salamander which was released this month) - addiitonally CultPens have two exclusives (deep dark blue and deep dark brown IIRC) and I'm sure I've seen at least one other pen site offering a Diamine-made exclusives...

hunnymonster said:
SmallBeard said:

As I understand it there are currently 101 "standard" Diamine colours (the 100 you speak of plus Salamander which was released this month) - addiitonally CultPens have two exclusives (deep dark blue and deep dark brown IIRC) and I'm sure I've seen at least one other pen site offering a Diamine-made exclusives...

Ahhhh!!

Yes actually, I was going to try the Deep Dark Brown.

I'll need to get through that 103 then, then look at other sites.

Help!

:icon_razz:

My standard blue is J Herbin Eclat de Saphir, Diamine Sapphire Blue is very similar but the Herbin is a bit brighter blue and I think I prefer it.

For purple, Diamine Imperial Purple is very nice it's darker than the Violet and is much more of a royal purple. Private Reserve Ebony Purple is nice too, it's very, very dark.

Ooh, there's some great sounding inks here I will have to try after Christmas. I'm getting through these slowly, I need to write more. I have the Diamine Asa Blue in my Parker 25 and I love it, and Diamine Grape in the Lamy which is another fantastic ink.

Plenty on my wish list now, thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom