Body Shop brush

Had a wander into the Body Shop earlier and noticed they had shaving brushes for sale. No reviews on the brush review section here so wondered if anyone had tried one?

Yes, it's a Synthetic hair, very soft to the touch, whips lather OK, but won't hold it, the brush is ultra quick drying...good as a travel brush.
if you are looking for a cheap brush, i would get one of these instead:

VULFIX 404 BADGER BOAR SHAVING BRUSH "BODGER"

http://www.diamondedgeltd.com/acatalog/Progress_shaving_brushes_and_accessories.html

Vulfix%20404%20Grosvenor%20Badger%20and%20bristle%20shaving%20brush.jpg

The body shop brush is currently my main brush until I get more.

It certainly does the job but for me it is only a temp brush until I get better ones.
Then as suggested it will be a travel brush.

:)

Maybe i would as i have just bought one from Diamond Edge for the grand total of £11.94 inc delivery.

Will be added with my Semogue 1305 which i got today from Vintage Scent.

+1 for the 404, I also picked up a brush in Wilkos the other week. I think it was about £1, maybe even cheaper, not bad for what I paid, a bit scratchy and lost a few bristles the first time out but as an ultra cheap back up/travel brush...

The WS brush isnt bad either for circa £4, but the 404 is a big step up for around £10.

I used the BS shaving brush for several months until May this year, then all the bristles came out at once. It may have been due to rinsing the brush under the hot tap, so now I swirl my current brush (Men U) in warm water to rinse it.

The BS brush is not too bad for £5. I also had a much older BS brush, which I used in my first foray into DE shaving (1992 to 2001), and still had until last year, but unused for 10 years.

I think people on here are giving it quite a bad review and it is true, it ain't amazing..however, for the price and as an alternative to animal hair, it's really worth trying. When I compare with my men u brush, which can be bought in other high street stores, I would actually pick the BS brush. It has quite a firm back and it isn't super soft but for 5 pounds, it's good value IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom