Body Shop Shave Cream

octopus said:
The Mackem Shaver said:
I live in a soft water area and the first soap I got was Proraso. I tried the La Toja stick you sent me the other day, I barely touched my face with the brush and got a lather. :icon_razz:

Wow ! I need to remind myself to try the La Toja someday

I may have exaggerated slightly but it is great stuff. I'll try it down London this weekend and see what difference the water makes.

The Mackem Shaver said:
octopus said:
The Mackem Shaver said:
I live in a soft water area and the first soap I got was Proraso. I tried the La Toja stick you sent me the other day, I barely touched my face with the brush and got a lather. :icon_razz:

Wow ! I need to remind myself to try the La Toja someday

I may have exaggerated slightly but it is great stuff. I'll try it down London this weekend and see what difference the water makes.

No you haven't! Helveticum also sent me some, he's either a secret salesman or can tell the future (sorry but only he will understand that one)
It is great stuff,no question! It's my favourite without a doubt, wonderful scent and excellent, easy lather. In fact I find it so good it is stopping me trying out any of my new soaps.

Daz

Thanks to Lose The Beard, I tried TBS cream.

I found the scent to be quite nice, I must say. It produced a nice lather, and I would certainly be happy to use it.

I had a tub of TBS shave cream a couple of years or so ago, which I was most impressed with. I'll be happy to use the Macca Root as it's replacement.

Thanks again to LTB.

Steve.

Read the positive comments on this stuff so I ordered some for £5.20 delivered.

It arrived yesterday and had a shave with this before I went to work and I like it, the scent is quite mild nothing special but boy does it make a good lather and does not dry out my face.

Deffo a keeper :D

I envy you guys because it just doesn't work for me. I mean I can shave with it, I actually love the scent and the skincare, but lather is just poor compared to my favourites (Speick, Vitos, MdC and even Proraso..). I mean it looks great, but just gives very little protection. And since I like experimenting - no good as a regular.

daz said:
No you haven't! Helveticum also sent me some, he's either a secret salesman or can tell the future (sorry but only he will understand that one)
It is great stuff,no question! It's my favourite without a doubt, wonderful scent and excellent, easy lather. In fact I find it so good it is stopping me trying out any of my new soaps.

Daz

Helveticum said:
I envy you guys because it just doesn't work for me. I mean I can shave with it, I actually love the scent and the skincare, but lather is just poor compared to my favourites (Speick, Vitos, MdC and even Proraso..). I mean it looks great, but just gives very little protection. And since I like experimenting - no good as a regular.

Have you tried the Prosrao yet?

This is the first cream I eve bought (also for my first shave with a DE). I totally forgot how much I loved it (before moving onto other brands and types). I too got it when it was 40% off... but I'd still pay the £8 or £9 that is costs now!

When I'm not using TOBS shaving cream I'll likely be using Body Shop. I travel about two months a year and my favoured shaving cream when travelling is The Body Shop; it comes in 50 ml tubes, which makes it very handy for stashing in y carry-on. Overall it's an excellent cream, yet under-appreciated

Back
Top Bottom