Bodyshop/Lush shaving soaps and creams

Has anybody tried these ? Was in town today and was looking at them, though they are quite highly priced.

I know stuff off the Highstreet can just he highly priced crap of no real quality at all so as a noob would appreciate an experienced heads view on these

Agree with the above, bar the smell. Whilst not the best smell, far from it, it doesn't put me off using it.

Maca Root is brilliant IMHO, I bought it when there was a 35% discount code going around on here, I think.

I paid around 5 pound something overall, and I'd say it's well worth the price. Probably wouldn't buy it at full price, but I'm both poor and tight ;).

Sniff it first :icon_razz:

I have some of the face moisturiser with maca root and it just smells like suntan lotion to me, does the shave stuff smell any different ?

Anyone have any other soaps/creams they would particularly recommend ? Or anywhere that sells a good range ?

Deckchair_Blue said:
I have some of the face moisturiser with maca root and it just smells like suntan lotion to me, does the shave stuff smell any different ?

Anyone have any other soaps/creams they would particularly recommend ? Or anywhere that sells a good range ?

I think that the smell is pretty similar but probably best to pop into a local store and see for yourself.

In terms of places selling a good range, the internet is more your friend than the high street. Larger Boots and Superdrug will often stock a few bits and pieces and independent chemists seem to have other oddities. If you've got a department store nearby (e.g. John Lewis), their shaving section is often worth a browse too.

However, check the vendor section on here and have a read around the forum to get a general feel (you'll quickly see which places have a loyal following, and you should check the artisan's we have on here, such as Professor Blighty and Nanny's Silly Soaps).

In terms of ones that I would personally recommend - Proraso Green is a brilliant starter soap, as is Speick cream. Both are easy to lather and look after your skin. You shouldn't have any problem finding them online.

Deckchair_Blue said:

I've never tried the moisturiser, but I agree with my follow Norfolkman Darren Webster (voltstick here on TSR) that it smells like your hands do if you spend several hours pulling up weeds from the garden - a pungent, almost sour crushed foliage aroma.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IghqN4YSvwA[/video]

Deckchair_Blue said:

Before Graeme gets in here....

Ingrams cream, available from Superdrug.

£1.75, lovely menthol kick, lathers very very well, and leaves my skin at least, feeling great post shave.

Bargain!

The lush stuff is brushless cream so doesnt lather up. I have the "dirty" one horrible stuff in my opinion. I have smelt the body shop maca root, not for me but I did get a sample of their maca root oil years ago when I was still using a mach 3 and it smelt quite nice then. Did they change the smell?

SmallBeard said:
Deckchair_Blue said:

Before Graeme gets in here....

Ingrams cream, available from Superdrug.

£1.75, lovely menthol kick, lathers very very well, and leaves my skin at least, feeling great post shave.

Bargain!

:icon_razz:

Welcome felllow Carlisle member Deck chair blue ?! Body Shop Maca root is excellent stuff, have never bought mine from the shop near the Town Hall, have always ordered online when 35% off & free delivery ! Can't think of anywhere locally that sells TOBS etc, although the Gentry on Junction street used to sell TOBS but would be dearer than getting online ? As already mentioned by others, we have our very own Professor Blighty & Nanny's silly soap on the site, both make brilliant soaps & potions.

As a man with tooooo many soaps and creams, I went through my stock of TBS Maca Root Shave Cream - all three of my tubs have different batch codes and have quite different odours, and slightly differeing colours and consistency. I haven't bothered checking the tube! It's good stuff though and like others I've acquired it when on offer.

Back
Top Bottom