Boots Bayrum opinions please

If I were you I'd skip that and go straight for Steve's stuff, or if it's not ready yet, some Ogallala. Boots stuff is quite synthetic.

P.S. In case you don't know what Steve's stuff means - http://barbershopshaving.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/barbershop-bay-rum.html

Steve's bay rum, is a great product. scent wise boots bay rum is close to Steve's. how ever its got quite alot of chemicals in it but then again its not that expensive £3.50? or something like that. and on the bottle it says use it for scalp!! don't say anything about using it on the face like an after shave!
But When Steve's bay rum is available i recomend that

cheers guys, i was kinda looking for someting cheap as i have no idea what Bayrum smells like, and dont want to spend 12 quid or more to openn the bottle and not like it.
so i was wondering about a couple of quids worth at boots to get some idea. as long as it is mostly authentically smelling.

wetdog said:
cheers guys, i was kinda looking for someting cheap as i have no idea what Bayrum smells like, and dont want to spend 12 quid or more to openn the bottle and not like it.
so i was wondering about a couple of quids worth at boots to get some idea. as long as it is mostly authentically smelling.

Just go to Boots and sniff it then. If you like it - get Steve's version.

Helveticum said:
wetdog said:

Just go to Boots and sniff it then. If you like it - get Steve's version.

:icon_rolleyes: i didnt think of that haha

what a dingbat lol

To get you some of the good stuff, just type "bay rum for a quid" in your search engine and follow the ebay link. The vendor has always given me first class service!

Best regards,

Gordon

Yes you have! I bought a load of things including the bay rum, and I really like it. He also has Pashana bay rum, and a use it as well. It states on the bottle that it is a hair tonic, but I use it as a splash on.

I bought some of the Boots stuff a few weeks back just to see if I liked the traditional scent. In the bottle it was OK, however when I used it I couldn't get past how synthetic it smelt, not for me I am afraid. Everyone's different though so it may work for you.

Norky

Benjamin's Bay Rum is worth looking for too.

£2.50 for a 250ml bottle.

Also available in a mentholated version.

Back
Top Bottom