Breakfast of the Day w/c July 19th

For me:

Locally reared, locally slaughtered, locally dry-cured traditionally smoked bacon (total travel for the bacon = 31 miles)
Potato scones
Stornoway Black Pudding
in a cheese topped soft roll

A glass of raw milk to wash it down with - none of this pasteurised stuff :)

That's my calories for the day :lol:

Good morning HM, sounds nice. No one apart from me up yet, gonna do sausage butties for them when they do eventually surface. For now I'm just enjoying a nice cup of freshly brewed French coffee

<rant/>I've forgotten what real milk (and real butter for that matter) tastes like. My better half believes in healthy living so we're stuck with the old semi-skilled milk and the buttery spreads (which wouldn't be so bad if they tasted even remotely like the real stuff) </rant>

As I've mentioned before, we usually have a fresh juice for breakfast. This morning SWMBO and I shared one that contained 4 Apples, 2 sticks celery, 4 carrots, a handful of spinach, a cup of broccoli, an orange pepper, 1/4 lime. All blended up with an avocado.

Now you may not believe this but it makes a really delicious juice. Sweet from the apples, with a savoury peppery flavour to it.

Now, where did I put that Cadbury selection box...?

Pig Cat said:
As I've mentioned before, we usually have a fresh juice for breakfast. This morning SWMBO and I shared one that contained 4 Apples, 2 sticks celery, 4 carrots, a handful of spinach, a cup of broccoli, an orange pepper, 1/4 lime. All blended up with an avocado.

Now you may not believe this but it makes a really delicious juice. Sweet from the apples, with a savoury peppery flavour to it.

Now, where did I put that Cadbury selection box...?

pc thanks mate but id rather not, sounds too healthy :lol: not enough lard for my taste :lol:

If anyone has been inspired by my juicy breakfast and wants to join the fun, I have the daddy of all juicers for sale on eBay:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110418815498">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0418815498</a><!-- m -->

The money will go to help sick orphaned third world puppies and kittens. :?

Think of all the guilt-free biscuits you can get through after a healthy juice!! :D

hunnymonster said:
Luckily I've just bought another 2lb of hand-cut dry cured locally reared, locally slaughtered and locally cured bacon - so I'm guilt-free already. :lol:

Sounds good - can you organise a group buy? I'm not completely vegetarian, sounds delicious!! :p

Pig Cat said:
hunnymonster said:
Luckily I've just bought another 2lb of hand-cut dry cured locally reared, locally slaughtered and locally cured bacon - so I'm guilt-free already. :lol:

Sounds good - can you organise a group buy? I'm not completely vegetarian, sounds delicious!! :p

If I believed that there was a delivery company capable of moving it from one end of the country to the other, I'd do it... as it is my coolbox (electric) has only made it as far as Cheshire so far :D

Back
Top Bottom