Brush and Bowl by Beejay

903572ec-1.jpg

e2654841.jpg

I have just received from Beejay a hand made Badger Brush and Bowl as per the photos above, made from the old wooden bowling ball that is at least 55 years old as researched by Bill. As a matter of interest it is the ball on the right that the brush and bowl is made from, the wood being Lignum Vitae allegedly the only wood that sinks when placed in water.
May I say what a pleasure it was to have this set made for me to my specifications, by Bill who was very helpful and friendly throughout the process even down to the choice of wood. When a chance remark by me that I had just taken up indoor bowling Bill stated he had an old bowls set that he was thinking of using to make a brush, so would make a great set with a link to the past as Bowls are now made of a composite material.
The knot is a 2 band fan set at 45mm and is superb for face lathering, the bowl I use to sit the brush on and makes a great feature in the Bathroom.
489161b8-1.jpg

In conclusion this set was superb value for money, works like a charm, looks and feels superb. On top of all of that I know I have a unique brush set made to a very high standard by one of our members on TSR. I can highly recommend the skill of Bill.

Lovely work and a great idea and result to make them from some old balls. Lignum Vitae is as hard as nuts, I still have the lumps from my rioting days.

Nice. Lignum vitae is not the only wood that's denser than water (even in a dry state), but it IS one of the densest (if not THE densest) wood around. It has enough solids (oils, waxes, etc) in its heartwood that it is also quite impervious to water. I have a LV brush that really doesnt need any finish.

Those look lovely.

After seeing some of Bills work, you can tell he is a highly skilled craftsman and somewhat a perfectionist.

I like that :D (thinking about a alternative ebony handled brush that's polished like glass :) :) )

Back
Top Bottom