brushless creams

as you may know i've been on a quest for a good brushless cream for my old man as he'll never go back to using a brush :roll:
that's up to him but i wanted to get him off shaving foam (note to Sirprize, i refuse to use the term canned goo hence forth ;) ) and onto a decent cream.
so far i have tried Boots and Ingrams brushless (which he took on holiday and quite liked) but these were below par.
i very kindly received a jar of Shavex brushless cream from boab, who found it in a shop local to him, which is also available on e-bay.
i will pass this onto faither but after trying it myself my conclusions of brushless creams are NOT good.
they really clog up your razor

so to conclude

if you want to use a brushless cream, get a good normal cream and use your fingers instead of a brush
the other options i have yet to try are Pecksniffs gel and the Proraso version

I tend to agree with you, On previous holidays I tired one or two brushless creams and found they do glog up the razor. the first eyar i went with soap on holiday I forgot the brush, despite this I got equally as good results from a tube of TOBS Avocado and creating lather with my hands ad I did from brushless creams, mind you I did buy a brush as soon as I seen one.

That reminds me, must nip to chemist tomorrow with my brush and see if he had a pill bottle to fit.

a lad at work actually uses a Palmolive stick brushless but he shaves once a week on a friday night before he goes out boxing :shock:

Hando,
Give Origins 'Blade Runner' a try, fantastic brushless shave cream which you can buy online or at larger branches of Boots, Debenhams etc. I always take some with me when i am away, not the cheapest but well worth it and lasts for ages. Hard to tell the difference in the end result between this and the very best cream and brush shave.

Just a heads-up really on Lush shaving cream. I haven't used it but the word it that it's not very good - clogs the razor up. Thought I'd mention it in case someone thought to give it a try.

Their 'Cosmetic Lad' moisturiser though is rather nice indeed. Scent not to everyone's taste i expect but I like it.

Taylor offer a brushless gel, anyone tried it?

I have tried the new brush & foamless Proraso gel which is good for the last pass but not really good enough for a whole shave.

Thank you Hando.
In previous posts "over there" I have refered to such products as "Chemical slime". :eek:
Also in the same place I did a post on "Lush" shaving cream warning that although it is fit for purpose it does clog the razor.

The absolute best cream I've ever tried is brushless, but only available in the US. It's called Trader Joe's Shave Cream, if anyone should happen to be there. Here I use the Ingrams brushless, which doesn't clog, but is a bit thin. Feels and smells great though.

I've never used a brush, but have found the Palm Olive tube also works fine.

There is St james of London brushless in my tk maxx, their other stuff is great, have not tried this as I have a brush! (two actually).
The smell in fantastic.
C

Hando
I have a full tube of Anthony Sport shave cream from the Anthony Logistic range(Premium Brand), as I mentioned I am having a good clear out so happy to PIF to you. I have way too uch stuff at the moment.!!
Just let me know if you want it and I will send out this coming week.
Ratty.

Yes will do. Very odd to use. It's clear & non-foaming so you just put a thin layer on & shave. Maybe good for a last pass with a straight, not much cushion but very slick.

Back
Top Bottom