Camelot Shave Stick

Gentlemen,

I was hoping that I might find some information about this shave stick from this fine community. I am looking for a place where I can buy it.
I have one myself, but I would like to stock up, since they do not last that long.

For those of you not acquainted with this soap, you might compare it to Arko. Just better and with a much better scent. Nothing like the citrus like urinal cake scent, but more like a nice smelling floor cleaning soap. I think :)
Mind you, I like Arko quite a lot. But I find this soap to be slightly better

So any information I can get, will be much appreciated.
Thanks for reading :)

[attachment=8738] [attachment=8739]

Attachments

• 2-DSC_3439.JPG
    2-DSC_3439.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 3-DSC_3409.JPG
    3-DSC_3409.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 37
Well the writing above 'shaving soap' is definitely Turkish and it looks very similar to the Arko man covered in foam.

Can't say I've heard of it, but I'd be inclined to say look in a Turkish or Middle Eastern grocery store. They're all over north London.

I got one from a Turkish friend. I grated it up along with a Vergulde Hand and mixed them in a tub. They are really good together. (the Vergulde applied to my face via the stick stung me a fair bit)

Thank you for your feedback.

North London is too far away for a simple Norseman, but the idea was good. I'll check my own neighborhood for Turkish shops and have a look.

Sezer74 said:
sounds interesting! there are few online barber supply shops on ebay, they may have it. however I made a quick search and didn't find

I practically live on Ebay and do a search once a day for it. I have also contacted the same vendor I purchased from earlier. It looked like he was able to locate this, and after he asked about how many I wanted I have not heard anything. :(

But since the search is half the fun, I am not giving up

Norseman said:
Sezer74 said:
sounds interesting! there are few online barber supply shops on ebay, they may have it. however I made a quick search and didn't find

I practically live on Ebay and do a search once a day for it. I have also contacted the same vendor I purchased from earlier. It looked like he was able to locate this, and after he asked about how many I wanted I have not heard anything. :(

But since the search is half the fun, I am not giving up

Good luck with that m8, if you can buy one for me, that would be great. do you think that's possible?

Don't know how much research you have done, but via alibaba I have found the manufacturer
website http://www.adnanakatkozmetik.com/
I can not however find that particular shave stick, might be worth emailing them?
I have the camelot AS moisturiser which is quite good, I wouldn't mind trying some of their other products

Thanks for your efforts.
I have already checked out their site and tried sending them an email via the contact sheet, but always received an error. But its been a week or so since I last tried. Perhaps I should give it another try. :)

I kept getting the error as well, which is why I have typed, translated and printed some questions for them. Down the bottom of the web page is a fax number :) I love old technology, it doesn't break down so easilly :)
As soon as I get an answer from them I shall let you know, unless of course you want to contact them yourself as well?

daz said:
I kept getting the error as well, which is why I have typed, translated and printed some questions for them. Down the bottom of the web page is a fax number :) I love old technology, it doesn't break down so easilly :)
As soon as I get an answer from them I shall let you know, unless of course you want to contact them yourself as well?

Thank you very much. I really appreciate this.
Old technology is great, and that's why I always keep a floppy disk in the house :icon_razz:

Hairsuite said:
I got one from a Turkish friend. I grated it up along with a Vergulde Hand and mixed them in a tub. They are really good together. (the Vergulde applied to my face via the stick stung me a fair bit)

Norseman said:
Thank you for your feedback.

North London is too far away for a simple Norseman, but the idea was good. I'll check my own neighborhood for Turkish shops and have a look.

Hmmm... anyone knows if they're widely available in Turkey? Not got any Turkish stores around here but I will venture to one at my earliest convenience! I was a regular visitor to Turkey until recently. Don't know when I'll go again.

From what I have heard from a Turkish Gentleman they are only available in Istanbul and Ankara.

Also according to the same person, it is not rated to be as good as Arko by Turkish wet shavers. Actually they are listed on third place behind Arko and Derby stick.
Personally, I disagree. But YMMV as always

Back
Top Bottom