Cannot see to shave between lips and goatee Help

Hi I have a goatee with just a small amount from lips to chin in the middle, but when lathering up I cannot see to get a accurate shave and shaver head is to large, tried beard trimming but does not shave close enough , does people use an electric type like the gillet C king of shaves

Thanks

does people use an electric type like the gillet C king of shaves
Was a bit confused by this statement as those are two different brands. King C Gillette and Kings of Shave. I wouldn't use an electric styler but hence you mention the two brands both of them I believe hold the answer to your issue.

King C Gillette Transparent shave gel will give you the protection and also allow you to 'see' what you're doing
King of Shaves sensitive shave gel is a similar product with the same 'transparent' look

Last edited:
When I used carts I used KoS Alphagel, the transparent no-foam formula is good for doing edges. You might have some luck using that or the Gillette equivalent, and a disposable one- or twin-blade razor. Especially if you're using it just for the tricky bits, then you can enjoy the rest of your shave with whatever you like, but the small dispo and clear gel should be just the job for detailing.

A straight would be good for that. But it's a whole deep rabbit hole and probably not what any sane person would take up just for edging!
I have the most trouble in those spots with a straight, but I also have the soul patch as well as the rest of the beard to work around. I usually grab a DE or a Rolls Razor to do that spot.

I don't have a beard, goatee or moustache of any kind and I never have. However, I do find that shaving around the mouth tends to be the most problematic, and also the area where I am most likely to cut myself. I just lather up all over my face and neck, then shave as normal. People I see regularly are used to seeing me with shaving scars and cuts, and it no longer bothers me or them. It's just part of shaving.

I don't have a beard, goatee or moustache of any kind and I never have. However, I do find that shaving around the mouth tends to be the most problematic, and also the area where I am most likely to cut myself. I just lather up all over my face and neck, then shave as normal. People I see regularly are used to seeing me with shaving scars and cuts, and it no longer bothers me or them. It's just part of shaving.

What kit do you use? I know you like to buy locally, not online, so I guess that limits your choice somewhat.

I don’t think regular cuts are part of shaving.

What kit do you use? I know you like to buy locally, not online, so I guess that limits your choice somewhat.

I don’t think regular cuts are part of shaving.
My kit is extremely simplistic. I use a Gillette Mach 3 razor with various Gillette sensitive shaving foams and gels. I usually buy these from either my local Boots or Superdrug, depending on which shop has them in stock. I have been using these for a very long time now, and I find that they usually give me a very good shave.

I also have extremely sensitive skin, hence my choice of shaving foams and gels. This is the main reason why I cut myself shaving so often. Other people I have known have skin as tough as sandpaper, so they never cut themselves, but unfortunately I am not blessed with the same. It is a legacy of using razors with multiple blades and the curse of very sensitive skin, unfortunately. It used to bother me more when I was younger, but not so much these days. People can always tell that I have shaved when I have cut myself, because I have the scars to prove it, lol.

My kit is extremely simplistic. I use a Gillette Mach 3 razor with various Gillette sensitive shaving foams and gels. I usually buy these from either my local Boots or Superdrug, depending on which shop has them in stock. I have been using these for a very long time now, and I find that they usually give me a very good shave.

I also have extremely sensitive skin, hence my choice of shaving foams and gels. This is the main reason why I cut myself shaving so often. Other people I have known have skin as tough as sandpaper, so they never cut themselves, but unfortunately I am not blessed with the same. It is a legacy of using razors with multiple blades and the curse of very sensitive skin, unfortunately. It used to bother me more when I was younger, but not so much these days. People can always tell that I have shaved when I have cut myself, because I have the scars to prove it, lol.

With sensitive skin a DE razor with brush and cream might be a lot more comfortable (and cheaper). Limited choices are available on the high street.

Sensitive skin isn't the cause of cuts and nicks. The combination of what you are using to shave with and poor shaving technique is causing your problem. Stick around on here and you will learn everything you need to change your shaving from what you endure now and what will turn your shaving experience into a pleasure, not a chore.

Sensitive skin isn't the cause of cuts and nicks. The combination of what you are using to shave with and poor shaving technique is causing your problem. Stick around on here and you will learn everything you need to change your shaving from what you endure now and what will turn your shaving experience into a pleasure, not a chore.
It is possible that I am a bit heavy-handed with my razor sometimes, so maybe I do need to work on my shaving technique. However, I do know other men who shave that have much tougher skin, and yet they hardly ever cut themselves. So, I do believe that having very sensitive skin is a factor. I think that it is a combination of things like that, but I do use a very good razor and good quality shaving foams and gels.

Thank you for your advice and re-assurance, though. I will bear it in mind.

Back
Top Bottom