Can't seem to shave my top lip and chin well :(

Easy solution.....
72b99bc3a71586ed06781ef24e115333.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the chin area is the most difficult and under the nose is the most sketchy. For the chin I do a WTG pass to remove some of the hair. I re-lather and then do short sections (just the jaw bone and then just from below the lip to where the chin angle changes again).

I can do ATG right under the chin but other than the neck I only do WTG and XTG. Under the nose I either do the scooping motion described up above somewhere, more of a scraping motion just to get away from the nose and then XTG.

I'm getting better and better at this but if I"m not completely satisfied I use a DE on those two areas at the end. You can get the chin if you work on it long enough and keep adding lather. Under the nose is a bit different as you can't hold the blade the way you would like to so if it isn't done in 2 passes I'll just use a DE.

I tend to go at my top lip like I'm going to slice my nose with the tip of the blade, but obviously make sure I don't! Pulling my nose around make a good difference too, stretches the skin and gives you more area to work with. Just check your blade angle and pressure!

with you on the chin though, mine culminates into a soul patch type shape, it's a pain to shave because it's so thick. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom