Cap'n Sunburry's Bay Rum

As someone who has been blending scent's for years, it's always nice to pass on a recipe and to see what others make of it. Steve took my basic Bay Rum recipe and made it his own.
He has added Bay, Clove and Mandarin essential oils, and given it a real flavour of "old Jamaicey"

The labelling he has chosen fit the product perfectly, and I love the old sailing galleon on the front, a very professional looking product indeed.

Most of the Bay Rum you can buy today has no real rum in it at all, it's just an alohol and water base flavoured with a cosmetic Bay Rum fragrance oil, or if there is real rum in there, it's just a token amount.

Steve has created the real thing, and it smells (in my opinion) far superior to the products you probably know from other perfume houses. It is spicy, elegant and manly all at the same time.

It would make a great companion to Bluebeards revenge, or if Steve wants to produce a matching soap on the pirate theme, that would go down very well, I think.

So, in summary, me hearties, get your hands on this double quick ye swabs, or ye'll be walkin' the plank afore sundown!

Attachments

• Sunburry's Bay Rum 001.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 154
Steve very kindly sent me a wee sample of this a little while back, and I was very impressed with it also.

I am in no position to comment on the authenticity of the smell of the stuff, but it certainly knocks the spots off Boots' own brand (which was what I had at the time to readily compare). What you can tell, however, is that it's made of real ingredients. Moreover, it's a tingle after you shave and a hint of the smell that doesn't outstay its welcome.

Defo a good 'un, and I am sure that rum fans would really like the stuff.

Lipsy

Lipsy said:
Steve very kindly sent me a wee sample of this a little while back, and I was very impressed with it also.

I am in no position to comment on the authenticity of the smell of the stuff, but it certainly knocks the spots off Boots' own brand (which was what I had at the time to readily compare). What you can tell, however, is that it's made of real ingredients. Moreover, it's a tingle after you shave and a hint of the smell that doesn't outstay its welcome.

Lipsy

That was my first attempt, this batch had double ingredients and double time to "Brew" it's good stuff
Ooooh Arrrrr !!, slice the mainbrace, Jim Lad!!!!
images

[/quote]

That was my first attempt, this batch had double ingredients and double time to "Brew" it's good stuff
images
[/quote]

I WANT, I WANT... :lol:

sunburyboy93 said:
Lipsy said:

Lipsy

images

Two words: Holy SHIT. :lol:

Lipsy

Back
Top Bottom