Car battery warranty query...

I recently had my car battery replaced 20 months into it's 24 month guarantee. Easy no quibble job, however, I was told that the 'new' battery would only be honoured with the remaining 4 months warranty. Is this correct in law?

(With repsect, I'm not after an opinion, I've had loads of them already - does anyone know the correct consumer law statue that would confirm or deny this?)

I have not got time to find the actual link, new baby and all. But having worked in retail for 10 years and manager for about 4 years, its definitely correct that your warranty does not restart. Otherwise you'd possible end up with a new item every time before the warrenty is over. Which would be pointless for the supplying company.
The warranty start from the point of sale.

One of the tradesman I use buy's some his tools from the likes of Lidl or Aldi for the very reason that full warranties are reissued on replacements, when I queried what a pile of cack that tool was he just responded it's their third one in five years and when it dies in two years time they'll take it back so clearly new warranties are reissued in some cases. I'll contact Euro Car Parts and see what they say

One of the tradesman I use buy's some his tools from the likes of Lidl or Aldi for the very reason that full warranties are reissued on replacements, when I queried what a pile of cack that tool was he just responded it's their third one in five years and when it dies in two years time they'll take it back so clearly new warranties are reissued in some cases. I'll contact Euro Car Parts and see what they say
Thats probably a case of the sales person not being arse as the tools are propably their own brand and cost nothing to produce.

Back
Top Bottom