Cella

Ah, Cella, one of my all time favorites. I am more of a hard soap guy these days, but there's just something special about Cella.
And I happen to love the scent, when I first got it I used to smell it every time i entered the bathroom. :roll:

Adding my 2 cents to this old classic (having previously tried the Extra Pure version):

This is perhaps the standard against which all other almond ‘croaps' are measured. This long standing Italian entry has stood the test of time and earned its reputation.

I had no problem picking up its time-honoured fragrance, the marzipan scent of almonds was strong and, although it faded into the background a little, was enough to stay with me throughout each shave.

It was a delight to lather, despite initial loading looking a little lean. As soon as I showed it some water I found it worked into a good coating with plenty for several passes.

Slickness generally felt fine but the protection level could have been higher as I seemed to pick up nicks (albeit small ones) on most of my shaves. A minor niggle. Post shave feel wasn't quite as good as some either.

The price point on this soap, plus its availability, really make it a must-have. It comfortably out-performs or matches products that cost a whole lot more, making it easy to understand why it has endured for so long.

I have also tried the extra pure version, which is aimed at the trade. This supposedly shares the same ingredients but isn't cured as long. I would say its purer brethren has a slight edge, but it's marginal.

The only question is whether you can stand the almond scent.

Full review here.

Back
Top Bottom