Cerium oxide giveaway/pif

The place I work at produces a glass polish by the name of tecepol - this is basically cerium oxide. I asked guy who produces it about particle size and he reckons less than 1 micron. Think I've got about 400- 500 grams. If anyone fancies trying to see if its any good post below. If there's a lot of interest I might put a few packages together and ask folks to take 1 and post the rest on i.e saving me posting it all separate. It would be nice if people could feedback on results too.

Being in the US, thought that it would be easier just to buy some off amazon. I should have it in a few days and I'd try it on my cotton web strop and let you know how it works[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it doesn't work on the str8 I can always try it on the '99 Honda headlight lens![emoji41]

My last note on it, I've read up on it, tried it, will continue to use it. Used it as a dry product on a web strop and felt. Next will try applying it in a spray bottle with water .

As I said earlier I know very little - I'm still working courage to try a straight. But I've seen that people use it so as its made at work I thought I'd get some to give away. Your more than welcome to try it - I know it's finer than cr-ox (which we have at work by the tonne - but unknown particle size).

Having used it now on my three razors I'd say this stuff is as good as, if not better than my iron oxide!
I used it on my balsa strop after the chromium oxide side (0.3) then went to my leather strop and Alan's Magic Powder has worked a treat for me.
Thanks Alan.

Back
Top Bottom