Cheap 9" tablet?

Prefer HD screen and a bit of storage but just want to use it as a remote for Spotify, youtube etc.

Anybody use a cheap chinese special they can recommend for say £50?

I looked into getting a cheap tablet a while ago, and ended up getting a hudl 2 from tesco. They're £99, but can be reduced in price if you buy with clubcard points. They have a 8.3" screen, so on the larger side without paying the massive price hike which seems to exist over 7". Also they have a HDMI out so you can connect easily to your tv with a standard HDMI cable. Easy to use, runs android, many different colours, decent speakers, and I couldn't recommend more highly as a budget tablet. http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl/

Otherwise Amazon do a Fire tablet, 7" is £50, and 9" is £100. My Grandad has one which he loves and seems decent enough, although Amazon have made the android on these a little less customisable.

I would avoid the cheaper chinese knock-offs on ebay, they may look cheap and decent, but in my experience they break fairly quickly and often come with no guarantee. Better to spend a little more and get a quality product.

On second thoughts, ignore me, I just read an article saying tesco have discontinued their tablet line! Theres still the amazon ones, but if I find anything else decent (and not breaking the bank) I'll let you know :)

Thks, UK duty + VAT on imports outside the EU prohibits using that site. Hudl 2 is a bit OTT for what I want but a Hudl could be the way to go , still a decent spec.

Thks, UK duty + VAT on imports outside the EU prohibits using that site. Hudl 2 is a bit OTT for what I want but a Hudl could be the way to go , still a decent spec.
I must say I've been lucky with my purchases from them, they tend to mark things as "Gift $10" and I've not been charged either vat or extra postage, but maybe just lucky.

The wife has a Hudl 2, but we took advantage of the double points and got it for just over £50, a steal at that price.

I'm certain of 2 but possibly a 3rd to long ago to be sure it was same company, late last year was my last order, HTC one copy.
Can't be certain, but there may even be a tick box to specify mark as gift. sorry can't be 100%.

Back
Top Bottom