Cheap but quality products

I appreciate that for 50p the Palmolive sticks are great value for money and I love the smell they just don't seem to give me as good a lather as the Wilkinson Sword blue sticks. They're a couple of quid more I think at about £2.39 but again readily available in independent chemists, if they don't stock them they should order them in for you. If you know anyone going to Spain La Toja shave sticks are about 1 euro in supermarkets and are very good. I use La Toja AS daily which I bought from Vintage Scent for approx 8 euros.

Bic Sensitive disposables
Palmolive Stick
Superdrug Forest Fresh aftershave
Semogue 1305 brush

As inexpensive as chopped, sliced and fried potatoes.

The superdrug forest fresh smells really nice and is cheap as mentioned above, definetely try that one :)

If you know anyone going to Spain La Toja shave sticks are about 1 euro in supermarkets and are very good. I use La Toja AS daily which I bought from Vintage Scent for approx 8 euros.

Im going at the start of june! Will need to stock up :D

The stuff at the lower end of the price scale (and available in most high streets and supermarkets) that I've tried and liked include;
Palmolive Classic shave cream
The Real Shaving Co, shaving cream, aftershave balm, moisturisers
Boots Cool Cologne shaving cream, Freshwood shaving soap
Nivea intensive moisturiser

Pete~ said:
The superdrug forest fresh smells really nice and is cheap as mentioned above, definetely try that one :)

If you know anyone going to Spain La Toja shave sticks are about 1 euro in supermarkets and are very good. I use La Toja AS daily which I bought from Vintage Scent for approx 8 euros.

Get some Lea shave sticks if you're going to Spain, they are awesome, probably about the same price.

Gravy said:
Pete~ said:

Get some Lea shave sticks if you're going to Spain, they are awesome, probably about the same price.

Noted! :D Ill probs grab anything i can get :D

Well today with it being my birthday I really "treated" myself!!! Whilst in town I picked up Erasmic cream, stick and puck. I also picked up some Superdrug Sierran Breeze aftershave...

Used the Erasmic cream with my el cheapo Wilkinsons brush...very nice lather infact I prefer it to the Palmolive stick. Shaved with EJ 89L and Treet Platinum blade....

After shave was alum, Nivea Cool Kick balm and then Superdrug AS...

Have to say it was probably my most comfortable shave..smooth, soft and no irritation...

rum said:
I have an independent chemist near work so may have to pop in there soon. Try stock 4711 and a huge range of Tabac original so I may be lucky. Thanks guys!!

replying to myself here, but as promised, I went to the chemist today. They have the Erasmic shaving stick for 70p. It's a sodium tallowate-first on the ingredients list. I didn't see the point in buying one but they have loads in stock, so I could go again potentially. They seems larger as a pack compared to Palmolive (they had them for 99p!!!). They also had Culmack and Erasmic cream.

rum said:
rum said:
I have an independent chemist near work so may have to pop in there soon. Try stock 4711 and a huge range of Tabac original so I may be lucky. Thanks guys!!

replying to myself here, but as promised, I went to the chemist today. They have the Erasmic shaving stick for 70p. It's a sodium tallowate-first on the ingredients list. I didn't see the point in buying one but they have loads in stock, so I could go again potentially. They seems larger as a pack compared to Palmolive (they had them for 99p!!!). They also had Culmack and Erasmic cream.

Although it says tallowate first on the ingredients list, they're still mince and I reckon you'd be better using mince for lather. They're hard, brittle, bright white and shite. Palmolive & Wilkie are way better and so is Arko.

Point taken, Graeme. I am not too fussed about Erasmic anyway. If there's any other stick I'd like to try it's the Valobra one, but I'm not going to spend over the odds for it - I have plenty of other superb performing soaps and creams.

Back
Top Bottom