Chinese DE Blade PIF II

Following bechet45s Chinese PIF I thought I'd have a go at ordering some.

Rather than using MisterTao I found freeshoppingchina.com which you can use PayPal to pay with. Process was pretty smooth and straight forward after navigating through taobao and finding what I wanted.

Anyway I now have a PIF on offer containing 5 sets of 9 different blades. 2 blades are left over from NTS PIF which I'm including.

Here's a pic of the contents.

[attachment=5927]

There is:
Personna Apache
BIC Chrome Platinum (Actually made in France)
Flying Eagle
Gillette Super Blue
Gillette Super Thin Stainless (from NTS)
Gillette Super Thin Platinum
Ri,Mei
Rhino (from NTS)
Schick

So need 5 people who want to try these out.

Anthony

Attachments

• 1351370829133.jpg
    1351370829133.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 122
Not sure if I can, although I'd like to. I'm about to head off to Florida and won't be back for around 3 weeks from today. That would count me out of this I assume?

Re: RE: Chinese DE Blade PIF II

Halk said:
Not sure if I can, although I'd like to. I'm about to head off to Florida and won't be back for around 3 weeks from today. That would count me out of this I assume?

Blades are in the post to majortom.

Halk I'm sure no one would mind if you were the 5th person.

Still needs another 2

Re: RE: Chinese DE Blade PIF II

octopus said:
Can I join please if that is ok? So I keep a blade from each pack and then pass the rest to the next member?

Yep no problem. You'll be number 3. Just take 1 of each blades and post it on.

So we have
1. Majortom
2. Flip-68
3. Octopus
5. Halk

Used an Apache Personna in an EJ head on a 2012 Merkur handle this morning. 8/10 for result and 6.5/10 for comfort of use.

Was distinctly draggy on the first pass of a cold shave and felt better thereafter except on tender areas - where I had to use all the tricks and resist pressing down to get an acceptable finish there. On other areas, I got a DFS.

So I'd put it at about the Derby mark - probably just a little lower. Not a blade I'd buy but gives a workaday shave.

Thanks for the opportunity, demuss.

Tried an Apache personna this morning. Fatboy on 5.

Nice result. Needed a little extra work on neck areas but overall a good shave.
No nicks or cuts

Pm sent to majortom - apologies for any delay, have not been about too much recently.

anyhoo, i used the gillette superthin stainless today (carried over from the NTS PIF) and had a very good 2nd shave out of it. the 1st pass was a bit uncomfortable but after that it peformed very well. i have gone back to basics and am only using my merkur 43c and am focussing on my technique a bit more.

I'm not going to go for a 3rd shave with this blade but i found it to be a good blade. worth trying but it's not going to replace my polsilvers!

:)

Tried a Ri,Mei this morning. Tried it for two passes. The clue was there as soon as I took off the blade wrapper - "Made with German Technology". Is there a good Geman made DE blade? Merkur blades are enough to put me off them all! Anyway, onwards and upwards! Shit - they are worse than Merkurs.

I abandoned the attempt and finished off with a Blue Diamond to get a decent shave.

I have three each of Demuss' Chinese blades reemaining. Would anyone like to have a go? Remember - what is rubbish for me might be a brilliant blade for you!

Back
Top Bottom