Chinese DE Blade PIF II

blades arrived today

have not taken the bic because they are poor - i think this is the only case where YMMV does not count ;)

sent on to octopus today also

thanks for chance to try these blades - will be back with my reviews as they happen!

phil

hi all
blades arrived this morning too late to try ,but it will soon be tomorrow.
Halk do you want to PM your adress so i can post on .
A big thanks to Demuss for starting this
Thanks
neal

Tried a Ri Mei today in my Slim adjustable on setting 5. Possibly the worst blade I have ever used as it dragged like hell. Not sure how they are advertised as "Made with German Technology" !!

Anyway I finished my shave with the same blade and immediately binned it :) Some stubble was still left on the jawline which I finished off with my trusted Astra SP.

Took out the Flying Eagle today and used the Slim on 5. Fantastic blade, very smooth, no nicks and totally irritation free afterwards.

This blade is on par with an Astra SP or Personna IMO, certainly it will be used for a 2nd shave tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up Ri Mei. Needed a decent shave today and that was next on the list so changed to the Gillette super thin and got a nice result.

Evening All
had time to try the PIF s this morning - decisions decisions , decided to try the Ri Mei as this appeeard to be the worst reviewed recently and thought that afterwards everything else would be upwards .
decided on a slim , dialed up to 7 . good lather applied metal to flesh and ... scrape scrape, scrape - just as described by others. Considered binning it , but Yorkshire frugality won the day.
second pass better and third pass left a good smooth result ! No irritation and even tonight chin is fairly smooth.
Will try again tomorrow see if any change but yet more evidence that this shaving malarky is still full of individual experiences and surprises
neal

Just used a Ri,Mei. Fat boy on usual 5.
First pass was a bit tuggy but that could be the 2 days growth. 2nd and 3rd were fine. Bit of a touch up round the neck and ended up with a nice smooth result.

just had pm from Halk with his address, blades will be posted on to him on monday
Neal

Ps the Ri mei was fine on 2 nd day but didnt get through first pass on the third .

Back
Top Bottom