Chinese DE Blade PIF II

Thanks for the clarification. I had no idea I had to put the weights in myself. How would I know what the weight would be, though, as I don't know how much packaging they'll use? Obviously I can guess. It would have been good if someone who had successfully ordered before had mentioned this.
So do you think I am stuck now, having paid what I have, or can it be remedied? I will send MisterTao a message saying I have miscalculated postage; I know it is the sellers who have that info but it is only MisterTao who takes payment from me so I'll see what they say, if they understand me.

Any more advice on what I could do?

Doesn't mistertao weigh the items for u?

When I used the other one I got all the razors sent to them. Then they repackage everything into a single box and weigh it.

Thinking about this, having sent the message to MisterTao and them not having placed any order yet, they should be able to remedy it themselves I would have thought. If they don't then I won't be ordering through them again.

I've no idea how we'd go on for items for which we couldn't know the weight, but for razor blades we can know the weight of a five or ten pack. I didn't allow for packaging.

Try inputting your order again and see hwat numbers you come up with this new information. Send Sky a message pointing out your mistake - if you've made one - and ask her/him to correct it for you.

They are very helpful, obviously in a Chinese way.

Thanks. Good that they're helpful. I can't seem to amend it now that I've paid. Status is "first paid" and "under review" so when they see my message, if they understand me, they can perhaps allow me to amend it.
It's all experience and I'll post a quick precis elsewhere on the forum when I get the blades through and any outstanding issues resolved.

Status is now processing. They got back to me today about my query with paying too much. I think the gist of it is see hwo much it comes to when they get the items from TaoBao; they'll work out the international shipping fees and commission at that point rather than in advance. So I would take that to mean that if I have overpaid that surplus will just come off what the next payment (int'l shipping and commission) will be? If that's the case then should be fine; hopefully not much more to pay.

I'm just reporting on this as I go in case anyone else finds it of use some day.

it seems like a lot of trouble for some blades - i hope they live up to your expectations.

sorry for the delay in writing my reviews but i have been enjoying a polsilver superiridium and it has lasted for 8 shaves already!

so, starting in january i will be starting my reviews. my first 6 shaves of 2013 will be chinese style!

As noted in acquisitions this week I have the blades now. They were well wrapped but a lot of the packets were a bit squashed and those with cardboard backing a bit creased. Didn't bother me but wouldn't expect it really.
So far i've only tried a fake Super Iridium and it's actually very good. Using my new New Improved, where I had to experiment with blade angle a little, I found the fake S I to be a little rougher and less forgiving of angle. The next shave with it will be my fourth but unless the Ri Mei 1875 turns out to be bad enough to ditch mid-shave I probably won't use the fake for a while

NotTheStig said:
Status is now processing. They got back to me today about my query with paying too much. I think the gist of it is see hwo much it comes to when they get the items from TaoBao; they'll work out the international shipping fees and commission at that point rather than in advance. So I would take that to mean that if I have overpaid that surplus will just come off what the next payment (int'l shipping and commission) will be? If that's the case then should be fine; hopefully not much more to pay.

I'm just reporting on this as I go in case anyone else finds it of use some day.
Oh, and although concerned about over-paying I ended up having that absorbed in the international postage and commission so I had to make another contribution of about £1.20ish. So all in all it cost me about £30 all in (no Vat or other charges) for 150 blades plus two lines of cartridges, which isn't cheap BUT every one of the 16 or 17 lines came from different suppliers who charged their own postage to the agent which isn't easy to work out. I wanted to try a few more lines then if need be order in bulk from just one or two.

right, at last my reviews can begin.

today i used the gillette super thin "platinum"

i used the fatip piccolo and WARS shave cream which i will use for all the blades on their first outing. i will use an adjustable slim set to 3 for subsequent shaves.

i have to say it was a nice blade. i started with this one as i had used the thai super thin and the super thin from NTS PIF and i liked them both. i found this one very smooth and gave a great shave. i had a couple of nicks on my neck which is unusual for me but nothing a quick alum rub wouldn't sort. minimal irritation after the shave.

a very close 3 pass shave and i found this blade every bit as good as its super thin brothers.

*shave 2* - a good result but it felt like i had too try to hard to get there - lots of passes and scraping. more nicks too. i found that one side of the blade was smoother than the other but i'm sure that's just a quirk of this particular blade. overall a decent blade but not one i would rush to return to.

Guys please be careful when buying blades from taobao, some are fake and its hard to see the difference, but you will feel the difference. I got some fake Super Gillette Blue blades.

I noticed they where fake while shaving with one.

Back
Top Bottom