Chinese futur clone

So I've been shaving with the Qshave for quite some time now, it's great razor without contest.

However, I think its main downside (it can be an upside though) is the fact that it restitutes very well the aggressiveness/mildness of the blade. For instance, this morning I had to level up to 5 with a brand new green 7 o'clock. As a consequence the settings have to be adjusted almost for each shave (in my case at least).

I can achieve the softest BBS with a green 7 o'clock, even too mild sometimes. It's OK, but I feel that I have still to continue my quest of the perfect blade (next try will likely be green Astras).

Just a picture of my new Ming Shi beside my Qshave. Bizarrely the Ming Shi (bought from Yental, Ming Shi packaging) has a slightly better finish than the Qshave and a kind of gun metal tint (not obvious on the photo).

IMG_20170802_142117.jpg

451 posts!

I only asked a simple question- I will have to try and repeat this soon- pleased it's created so much interest :)

Kind regards to everyone who has posted and joined in the thread.

452 posts now....When i first read your post , i ordered a one from "Talkquickly", which for the want of a better word a pile of shite..which i got my money back and avoided getting another else where..A mate of mine bought a Ming Shi 2000S from Aliexpress a while back now after i mentioned it to him from seeing your post, however his going to pass it on to me, because he finds it's not for him and his only used it a few times..so it's going to be another addition to my shaving den soon..along with some citrus & Aloe vera shaving soap..A great posting.."The Futur Clone Saga".;)

Last edited:
Two shaves with my Ming Shi 2000S. Can't say that I'll use it any longer.

As a big Futur fan (it's my daily driver), the feel of the clone is nowhere near the Futur. Miles away, and the thing that made such a big razor like Futur work great was the angle. That's all off with the clone, as you can't use it with the natural angle, you need to tilt it. That makes shaving areas like under the nose a real challenge. It actually made shaving all over the face a challenge for me.

Two shaves with my Ming Shi 2000S. Can't say that I'll use it any longer.

As a big Futur fan (it's my daily driver), the feel of the clone is nowhere near the Futur. Miles away, and the thing that made such a big razor like Futur work great was the angle. That's all off with the clone, as you can't use it with the natural angle, you need to tilt it. That makes shaving areas like under the nose a real challenge. It actually made shaving all over the face a challenge for me.
I've always disliked shaving under the nose, whatever the razor. About 40 years ago, I hit upon the ideal solution; grow a moustache.

I suppose it's RAD, but i like the looks of the new, black QShave. However, now it's sold at 11,17 EUR and at the end i would be using it at a standard setting. So it would become like a non adjustable adjustable. I also dislike the looks of the Futur in general. It's strange. I don't like the Futur, but the black clone is kind of cool. The other bad thing is Qshave doesn't use epacket, only Standard shipment with up to 42 days delivery. I would add a couple of leather pouches i guess (which i also don't really need), plus another weishi to go close to the 22 EUR limit (but i already have 4 Weishis)...

RAD is so complicated...I must fight it... I must not read this thread again...

Back
Top Bottom