Chinese Rhino and Super Thin PIF

i had my second shave with the rhino this morning - another cracking shave.

made a trumper/Bond superlather and used my merkur 43C.

wonderful stuff and very satisfying all round shave.

i made a bit of progress on my chin technique too so that's a bonus :)

i will probably stretch this blade to 3 shaves and then move onto the Gillette.

Saturday Morning​

Time to try out the Chinese Rhino blade today courtesy of NTS.

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: TOBS Eton College
Brush: Neep Aztec, 29mm Extra Silvertip.
Razor: Feather AS-D1
Blade: Chinese Rhino
A/S: TOBS Eton College

A better shave than I was expecting. Having not shaved yesterday there was a fair bit of growth to get through and the first pass was a bit tuggy, it usually is with 2 days growth so nothing unusual there.
The next 2 passes were quite pleasant and the blade performed surprisingly well.

IMG_0008.jpg

Tried the Super Thin this morning. 1st pass was a bit tuggy but that was with 2 days growth. Following passes were smooth.
Final result was pleasantly smooth shave.
Used a Fat Boy on number 6.

Ive got some other Chinese blades on the way so I'll add the remaining 6 sets to a new PIF.

Sunday Morning​

Second day with the Rhino Blade, not quite as good as the first day, still a reasonable shave just not quite as close as I would like.

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: New Forest 2 Band Super Badger
Cream: GFT Spanish Leather
Razor : Reather AS-D1
Blade: Chinese Rhino
A/S: GFT Spanish Leather
Cologne: GFT Spanish Leather

IMG_0022.jpg

Finished off the super thin with shaves 2 & 3. Seems to be just as good as the initial shave.

Gave the rhino a go this morning. Good result. Must be sharper than the super thin because also had 2 days growth and wasn't at all tuggy.

Glad these are proving popular. My first was ok but haven't used one since the bad second one. Might be the odd dodgy one out there. Might give them a try later.

I have been secreting them in recent trades with people so I expect to see them popping up here and there on the forum, either in SOTD or as a trade!

I just tried one of the rhinos that NotTheStig sent me (cheers!) and got on we'll with it, almost as sharp as a feather and it suited my Slim adjustable on the same setting I use for the feathers.

Back
Top Bottom