Cleaned, Polished, Tips and Handles Painted.....

sunburyboy93 said:
Had some razors in my collection that were looking a bit sad and worn, so i stripped the paint and anodising scrubbed polished and cleaned them. primed, painted, and baked and the end results is really good, (if i do say so myself), seems the heating up just brings it all together gives a really really hard durable finish....

if anybody wants me to clean one up for them and re do the tip or handle, PM me...

UK and USA Red and Blue Tip Superspeeds......

9f83e806.jpg

bba8af8b.jpg

72ad4d30.jpg

07a87f85.jpg

Black Handled Superspeed, this was really scruffy with lots of the anodising marked and skuffed, and the razor itself not great as if you put these in the ultrasonic it starts to remove the anodising, with it stripped it was cleaned properly, and handle re done and looks exactly like the original anodising, the pics don't show it but the handle has a nice semi glossy shine too, should take years to wear as the finish is rock hard...

004cac1d.jpg

2c12cb7e.jpg

a36fbc5d.jpg

Hi Steve

That's really great work, well done

All the best

John

Cheers for the Compliments Fellas, i have invested some money in some tools and bits and bobs as i would like to start offering a razor cleaning and repair service, don't know if i want to go as far as plating though..........

fatboyslimfast said:
They all look stunning.

How did you get the black handle to have such a hard finish? I tried re-f enamelling mine, did three coats, and left it the right amount of time, but it's already starting to come off and go back to the slightly-silver look...

Well it takes a few days to do using various products and techniques, but simplified: first strip the anodising off the razor. Then prime the metal and then give one coat of black. Wait until touch dry then heat it in the oven then just leave for 3 or 4 days.

Giving too many coats gives a soft finish. And if paint is not thoroughly dry before next coat then it won't have a nice finish. Patience is the key

brill work steve, also handy to know that some of ropey-looking tipped razors for sale online might be worth a sensible bid, seeing as they are more restorable than we thought :)
rick.

cheers fellas

i have gone through all my collection and done all my reds, blues, black speeds and adjustables, look real nice now....

if anyone has any and doesn't fancy doing it themselves, they can always send them to me and i will give them a thorough clean and polish (i do get good results with my cleaning methods) and then do any painting as required

cheers

Steve

Back
Top Bottom