Cleaning your Razor

Oh my word there is so much out there. Need a toothbrush for starters. So I need to buy one as I use an electric. I am going to try that and toothpaste and see how I get on. Thanks

Andy said:
i've got a much loved matt futur and came across a youtube dis-assemble video here >[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuDCHb9-uJ4[/video]
Surprising amount of crap under the head part
You do have to press down quite hard against the spring but it came off and went back on easily enough.
I'm another old toothbrush user and some anti-bacterial hand wash takes the worst off. I have used a small dab of three in one oil if the soap marks seems stubborn, in the past. Guess the satin finish is prone to showing these 'smears' more than other razors.
Any successful combinations you've found for cleaning yet?

Andy

This really handy to get into all those nooks, thanks

i use this stuff to clean my razors up every couple of weeks, spray on and rinse off, maybe a quick wipe - job done (i've not needed a toothbrush yet)

Dettol Clicky

After soaking my vintage razors in a cup of boiling water, i leave them in a cup of this for about ten minutes when i first get them.

I have an edwin jagger razor, i just dab an old toothbrush on bar of hand soap on sink and give a scrub at every blade change, and carefully wipe the top with some soap on my finger to keep it shiny.

... yes, it could be a soft/hard water thing. I find I can just polish mine up with a piece of tissue or a towel and it's all shiny again. I'll have a go at the nooks and crannies with an old toothbrush sometime

Andy said:
dodgy said:
Hiya,

So i wonder if there's any stuff available in the UK like Scrubbing Bubbles. Sprayed from a can, and it foams up on whatever it touches.

Martin

Looked for that stuff when first getting into old razors. B&B members went on about it forever but never found a similar product here. Others have no doubt got an answer i'm sure

Cif foaming bathroom cleaner - comes in an aerosol. Other brands are available.

I just use a toothbrush though. Occasionally if the ultrasonic cleaner is out I'll use that too.

Back
Top Bottom