Cobra Classic 2

jds

Morning all,

Just doing my daily trawl to see if I can get my hands on a Cobra Classic and came across information suggesting that a Cobra 2 was imminent, possibly during Q1 2014. Exciting news.
Anyone else got anything on this?

Cheers,

Jon

There was also a rumour about another manufacturer producing a razor to take Feather AC blades wasn't there.

I can't remember exactly who it was, but it came up during a conversation with Dodgy.

The HuntLee 'Katana' and the Cobra Classic 2 are supposed to be on offer this year.

I've read that the Cobra 2 is intended to be evolutionary, rather than revolutionary, which would make sense considering the casting of the Cobra by all accounts deteriorated with later batches. There's one or two threads on TSN with more informed speculation.

The Katana as a resin prototype:
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pljCUWbycLo[/video]

Ratty said:
Has there been any more on the Cobra 2? It's gone kind of dead as a news item.

Ratty

I just checked the Shave Nook and they are saying much the same - has all gone quiet but I guess it takes to time to improve on what many think is the best razor out there.... they must go forward, not backwards. Furthermore from what I understand they only released the original in very small batches any way.

Patience, my dear chap, patience!!

jds said:
...I guess it takes to time to improve on what many think is the best razor out there.... they must go forward, not backwards.

In my opinion the hit and miss aspects of the design - in terms of blade alignment - place it pretty far down my personal list of best razors. It's certainly one that I would not be without, but it's not an everyday razor for me. I consider it's iconic status is in spite of the inherent quality deficiencies and reflects the overall aesthetics rather than shave quality.

UKRob said:
jds said:
...I guess it takes to time to improve on what many think is the best razor out there.... they must go forward, not backwards.

In my opinion the hit and miss aspects of the design - in terms of blade alignment - place it pretty far down my personal list of best razors. It's certainly one that I would not be without, but it's not an everyday razor for me. I consider it's iconic status is in spite of the inherent quality deficiencies and reflects the overall aesthetics rather than shave quality.

Similarly I love the one I own, and it is in my top ten, certainly. I concur that its status is very much in the "in spite of" category....

Back
Top Bottom