Come on England!

I was really hoping that Brexit would not be mentioned. Anyway an abysmal performance for which the manager must take a large responsibility. How he can arrange for a centre forward to hoist free kicks into the box that even Tony Hateley could not have reached is nonsensical. Sturridge was on a different planet to everyone else and should not have lasted 30 minutes.

I always, no matter what, get 100% behind England when others slate them. I always try to find a positive angle. I always find something to cling on to.
But last night was a complete and utter disgrace.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In any match there usually are 1 or 2 players that played noticeable better than others. In this case, they ALL played like amateurs thrown together into a team without a plan. Very sad. Iceland on the other hand had spirit and a purpose. They deserved to win.

To be fair be fair as much as England should have beaten them with ease we do have give some credit to Iceland.

They were truly outstanding the way they have made the best of what they have.

Organised and fluid. They not only get people behind the ball to stifle attacks but when on the ball they do something with it and the whole team plays to a plan (a good one at that).

They topped their group in qualifying.

Again England should have beaten them but when a team hits a freakish bit of form its sometimes is impossible for opponents to do anything, look at Leicester City.

Heavy flaming for Hart, Kane and of course 'coach Woy' over at some football forums. Can't blame the fans.

A very talented roster, let down big time from A to Z by the management.

Surely Rooney may be a bit 'old', Hart may not be the best keeper around, but the team overall is highly capable.
All you need to do is hire someone who has modern views on football, someone who is not afraid to leave big names out, someone who you should give full responsibility for the team and who will openly take the critical decisions on his shoulder.

Someone who is competitive, someone who has the bloody motivation to excel, the urge to do well.

Woy did not really do all that. The highest paid manager in the Euro, being at the helm of England....

ENGLAND

I re-iterate: this is E N G L A N D, not Albania or Faroe Islands.

And you watch one foking minute in one of his first round post-game press conferences, hearing him saying "...I am very pleased we now have four points from two games which in my opinion is the minimum we deserved from the performances..." blah blah blah blah. You can see the team playing shite (for the name written on and carried in these outfits), clearly, let's be honest about it, and he's sitting there comfortably trying to convince us all that he is feeling secure for the next match.

It's not a shite team - don't get confused. He sets them up in such a way that all the talent and synergies are literally unexploited. How on earth did he expect to qualify past Iceland (let's assume he would) and stand up against a team like Italy? By being 1-2 down for 70 minutes and then letting the very active Rashford in at the 87th minute???? Wtf???

Look at what the Italians are doing. I don't like 'em but they plan, work and play smart. And it works. A tough coach, a fighter. In an age when he wants to have distinctions. Three to four players in the middle line of the team were his middle line core structure in Juventus couple years back. So there is continuity. These guys have been working together for years. Then you build the team around that established bond.

Take a look at Spain when they won the World Cup, or Germany when they won the 2014 World Cup. To win such a tournament you have to bleed. You have to sacrifice. The English lads are bleeding, they are working hard, but why are all their efforts going astray?

I do not think it is a matter of local/domestic or foreign national coach/manager for England.
The FA needs to adopt a more modern approach to this thing - and the start could be the appointment of a motivated, thirsty-for-distinctions, talented and street-smart manager.

You read Woy's statement "...I am sorry it's had to end this way with another exit from the tournament but these things happen..." No man - they don't, in your case. You're not paid so much to lead the team toward this type of catastrophe and then come tell this to the fans. No. You're not a RM pensioner who is safe and secure, you're the manager of the English football team. Iceland deserved to win last night, they played beautifully, no doubts about that.

Apologies for the long post but England deserves (and can do) so, so much better.
European and World football needs a much more confident and achieving England.

Heavy flaming for Hart, Kane and of course 'coach Woy' over at some football forums. Can't blame the fans.

A very talented roster, let down big time from A to Z by the management.

Surely Rooney may be a bit 'old', Hart may not be the best keeper around, but the team overall is highly capable.
All you need to do is hire someone who has modern views on football, someone who is not afraid to leave big names out, someone who you should give full responsibility for the team and who will openly take the critical decisions on his shoulder.

Someone who is competitive, someone who has the bloody motivation to excel, the urge to do well.

Woy did not really do all that. The highest paid manager in the Euro, being at the helm of England....

ENGLAND

I re-iterate: this is E N G L A N D, not Albania or Faroe Islands.

And you watch one foking minute in one of his first round post-game press conferences, hearing him saying "...I am very pleased we now have four points from two games which in my opinion is the minimum we deserved from the performances..." blah blah blah blah. You can see the team playing shite (for the name written on and carried in these outfits), clearly, let's be honest about it, and he's sitting there comfortably trying to convince us all that he is feeling secure for the next match.

It's not a shite team - don't get confused. He sets them up in such a way that all the talent and synergies are literally unexploited. How on earth did he expect to qualify past Iceland (let's assume he would) and stand up against a team like Italy? By being 1-2 down for 70 minutes and then letting the very active Rashford in at the 87th minute???? Wtf???

Look at what the Italians are doing. I don't like 'em but they plan, work and play smart. And it works. A tough coach, a fighter. In an age when he wants to have distinctions. Three to four players in the middle line of the team were his middle line core structure in Juventus couple years back. So there is continuity. These guys have been working together for years. Then you build the team around that established bond.

Take a look at Spain when they won the World Cup, or Germany when they won the 2014 World Cup. To win such a tournament you have to bleed. You have to sacrifice. The English lads are bleeding, they are working hard, but why are all their efforts going astray?

I do not think it is a matter of local/domestic or foreign national coach/manager for England.
The FA needs to adopt a more modern approach to this thing - and the start could be the appointment of a motivated, thirsty-for-distinctions, talented and street-smart manager.

You read Woy's statement "...I am sorry it's had to end this way with another exit from the tournament but these things happen..." No man - they don't, in your case. You're not paid so much to lead the team toward this type of catastrophe and then come tell this to the fans. No. You're not a RM pensioner who is safe and secure, you're the manager of the English football team. Iceland deserved to win last night, they played beautifully, no doubts about that.

Apologies for the long post but England deserves (and can do) so, so much better.
European and World football needs a much more confident and achieving England.
Spot on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's not just the manager K it's the English paradox...a hugely successfull but technically inferior national league in the EPL coupled with a criminally weak qualifying group and players despite their relative success at club level that are not quite good enough at international level.

Perhaps Tony, I don't know... May my mind is still stuck in the old days which led the Spanish and other national leagues in Europe to copy the EPL essentially... They're top successful leagues now but twenty to thirty years ago it was the EPL everyone was looking up to, and we still do, me thinks...

Back
Top Bottom