Commercial influences on forums

Naked Ape said:
I couldn't help but feel Peter's outburst was down to the fact that Sue is an American, rather than the whole commercial influence nonsense. Quite sad if that's the case.

indeed if that is the case we are better off rid.

We shall never know!

In some ways, as Fido says, this kind of debate (and the opinions given) goes a long way to demonstrating just how sensible we can all be. It's a shame to lose members when we are such a niche community and I for one hope that any member who felt as Peter did would start exactly this kind of thread in order to discuss their opinions, rather than simply cancelling their account.

I do have a question though - see a few members discussing the products, but has Sue even mentioned her products?! :? Boab is a stronger advocate of Mama Bear products! :lol:

Hopefully people like Sue won't be put off by this kind of thing.... we British are obviously a more emotionally-complicated race :lol:

neocaligatio said:
Boab and HM have always been quite clear...

Just to be totally clear, I'm acting as Boab's agent - he can sack me at any time, I can't ban him, but he can ban me - I even tried but he'd beaten me to the cloak of invincibility :D - I use my judgement such as it is to clamp down on shite when Boab's not about, or he's busy being fed Buckfast whilst reclining on his chaise longue - not that it's needed much at all.

haha buckfast on a chaise lounge, the image of that is priceless.If only there was a chaise available 'up the wids' 'Doon the burn' or the 'up the seveny' (7 aside park) I am sure I would have made use of it.

i joined thIs foruM because i was new to shaving with a safety razor, i'd juSt had a crucifyingly bad shave, my face was red and sore, and i wanted some advIce. i did a google search, this siTe came up, what i read seemed To make sense, so i joIned and put up a welcome post (it's still there, "hello from my screamiNg red face").

what i've received is tons of friendly and informed advice, all of it for free. nobody's pressured me into buying anythinG. i have, HowevEr, bought loads of stuff. why? because i Really wantEd to. because i wanted to get deeper into a New hobby and becAuse people on here are Kind and helpful, and are pointing mE in the right Direction.

so thanks everyone.

commercial influence? i don't think so.

While I do like the Britishness of this site, this is not the BNP and I have no objection to members joining from other countries. I now have a very good American friend from my association with another site.
With regards vendors being members, so what. We buy the stuff they sell. Their advice is very much welcomed and if any play up and make a nuisance of themselves we can tell them politely to "go away" in the same way as we can tell any other member.

:oops:

i was just flicking through old articles and saw this, the embarrassing part was trying to figure out what subliminal message Cheese_dave was typing out before i realised his keyboard was just broken :lol:

Back
Top Bottom