16. AlexNoodles
  17. Holyzeus
  18. sc0tt
  19. jaycee-uk
  20. MikeyJ
  21. themadremmy
The list is open.
Legend:
Waiting Black razor on the way to, Red razor on the way to, Black razor currently with, Red razor currently with, Completed

Hi Guys,

Red razor has arrived too. I've had a couple of shaves so far and first impressions are that it's a lovely looking razor and a nice colour !

As far as the shave goes, I found it was very similar (in terms of being able to buzz around the face without even thinking) to the sort of feel you get with a cart razor. It was exceptionally forgiving and easy to get to grips with. I think it would make an exceptional razor for mornings when you haven't got your wits about you or for a new starter needing something exceptionally mild.

I have to admit that for me I think it would be WAY too mild. I had to finish up with another razor when I got to an extreme number of passes (honestly lost count lol).

I'm going to give it a couple more shaves with different blades just in case !

Cheers,

Jay :)

Hi Guys,

Red razor has arrived too. I've had a couple of shaves so far and first impressions are that it's a lovely looking razor and a nice colour !

As far as the shave goes, I found it was very similar (in terms of being able to buzz around the face without even thinking) to the sort of feel you get with a cart razor. It was exceptionally forgiving and easy to get to grips with. I think it would make an exceptional razor for mornings when you haven't got your wits about you or for a new starter needing something exceptionally mild.

I have to admit that for me I think it would be WAY too mild. I had to finish up with another razor when I got to an extreme number of passes (honestly lost count lol).

I'm going to give it a couple more shaves with different blades just in case !

Cheers,

Maybe try changing the angle a bit. I found that about 45 degrees was right for me.

Hi guys !

I'm all finished with the Seygus razor now. Thankyou for letting me try it out I really appreciate it.

It's all packed up ready to go if I could get a PM to confirm the next address then I will get it straight off in the post tomorrow.

Many thanks,

After a couple of local bank holidays the Seygus arrived today. Got some strange looks from the wife as I'm on a buying sabbatical. Think she believed it was a pass around. Looks amazing and feels great in the hand. Had to have a quick shave with it (without proper prep). Surprisingly aggressive. I'll do a photo and full review later today.
Thanks for letting me participate in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both razors are now at their final stop, unless there is more interest...

1. riverrun
  2. Nico1970
  3. Neslo
  4. Stacy555
  5. p.b
  6. mikebrownington
  7. Damianj
  8. mattyb240
  9. Whosthedaddy
  10. Rufus Firefly
  11. AndyMc133
  12. ben139
  13. wayne mattison
  14. fly3k
  15. Glen_Lee
  16. AlexNoodles
  17. Holyzeus
  18. sc0tt
  19. jaycee-uk
  20. MikeyJ
  21. themadremmy
The list is open.
Legend:
Waiting Black razor on the way to, Red razor on the way to, Black razor currently with, Red razor currently with, Completed

8fa32b84a3d81691b7879a53b8028e84.jpg

Yesterday mornings shave. After a surprisingly aggressive first shave a couple of days ago I gave it a proper trial yesterday.

Proper prep this time. Stuck with the Voshkod on its 2nd run out now. Knowi g know it needs the lightest of touches and adjusting my angle I got a fantastic 3 pass bbs. No irritation and not a single weeper (even from my problem neck area).

My thoughts on the razor are as follows

Pros - love the design. For me the balance and weight is perfect. I dont mind the silver weight in the handle for me it's a nice contrast. Excellent grip from the handle.
Very efficient when used carefully.
Despite being aluminium it seems well made and coated. Possibly a little of the coating off on the knurled areas. ( may be soap as I don't want to scrub it too hard)
Really nice packaging with the branded tin although could to with an insert to make it perfect for travelling with.

Cons - the head is different to other modern razors. The deep scallops on the safety bar meant that with the wrong angle it was almost like an open comb. The correct angle for me was much flatter than most des I use. When I got it wrong it was very aggressive and took a bit of thought to keep it at the right angle. However with practice it's very efficient without being aggressive.

So I think I now love the razor. I'll stick with it a couple more times before returning it.
Would I buy one? After the first use - possibly, after the 2nd use - probably.
Are they easy to get?
Do the pass arounds get sold on after its complete?

Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your thoughts, Paul
Despite being aluminium it seems well made and coated. Possibly a little of the coating off on the knurled areas. ( may be soap as I don't want to scrub it too hard)
Most likely soap. In my experience denture cleaning tablets or the ultrasonic cleaner will fix that.
Do the pass arounds get sold on after its complete?
No, but one of them will end up in the raffle.
The black one. Sorry.

Ok, so after using it a few times I'll offer my thoughts.

First impressions were unfortunately not so good.

Out of the tin it felt a bit cheap and not fitting of its price tag (75€?). The coating has started to chip and there is some pitting in the stainless steel portion of the handle. The tolerances in the head do seem quite good however.

After 3 shaves I can conclude that this razor is not for me. It's as mild (if not milder) than the AS-D2 but without the quality finish. Even with a shim on the final shave I was struggling to get a close shave. Does the red one have different head geometry to the black one? Experimenting with angle and pressure didn't seem to help at all and I genuinely don't think I could get a BBS shave out of it.

Other than the bottom half of the handle I do like the design and the brass spiral one on their site is gorgeous. Apparently the blade gap is even smaller on that so its one to avoid for me unfortunately.

Many thanks to everyone involved in making this pass around possible and for the opportunity to try it :)

The Red Seygus is back with me now.
The list is still open. Barely. Last orders, gents...

1. riverrun
  2. Nico1970
  3. Neslo
  4. Stacy555
  5. p.b
  6. mikebrownington
  7. Damianj
  8. mattyb240
  9. Whosthedaddy
  10. Rufus Firefly
  11. AndyMc133
  12. ben139
  13. wayne mattison
  14. fly3k
  15. Glen_Lee
  16. AlexNoodles
  17. Holyzeus
  18. sc0tt
  19. jaycee-uk
  20. MikeyJ
  21. themadremmy
The list is open.
Legend:

Thanks, @MikeyJ. The black Seygus is back with me as well now. The pass around is now completed.

1. riverrun
  2. Nico1970
  3. Neslo
  4. Stacy555
  5. p.b
  6. mikebrownington
  7. Damianj
  8. mattyb240
  9. Whosthedaddy
  10. Rufus Firefly
  11. AndyMc133
  12. ben139
  13. wayne mattison
  14. fly3k
  15. Glen_Lee
  16. AlexNoodles
  17. Holyzeus
  18. sc0tt
  19. jaycee-uk
  20. MikeyJ
  21. themadremmy
The list is closed.
Legend:

Well folks, I would like thank to everybody who has spent time and money on making real this pass around for almost Eight months. The razors have becomen two full time pilgrims and we here at Seygus are thankfully to all of you. Hope you have a nice shave no matter which stuff you manage, cause you deserve it. Thanks.

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom