Closed Completed: Seygus Spain 2016 razor pass around

@riverrun ,

Sorry mate still not over this virus, so I think it's best I give the red one a good dose of barbicide, get the address of the next participant, I will get the wife to brave the post office and get the list moving again.
No rush, Stacy. The list is moving. We have two razors, remember? :D
I don't mind if you pass it on next week. Your choice.

Let me thanks your feedback, is really good for us. We are designing a heavy brass razor with this head and an open comb one. Some day show it off.
For those of you testing the razor, I suggest use a heavy handle one day to verify the differences. That is what some people do with good results for coarse beard.
Nonetheless, this is a good razor for most of the people, but not for everybody. I feel this is very good for newbies, everyday shavers and people not looking a BBS or trying to achieve it with three passes plus some retouch (and almost no nicks or burns) which is not the aim. Otherwise, ATT H2 and R41 have no commiseration with coarse hair and beard, in fact they both love them. And blood, too.
Last but not least, the rule usually is: soft razor with sharp blade and vice versa. This razors loves Gillette, Rapira and Feather, as people who tested it, highlighted. I agree with them. Sharp blades. Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen.

Let me thanks your feedback, is really good for us. We are designing a heavy brass razor with this head and an open comb one. Some day show it off.
For those of you testing the razor, I suggest use a heavy handle one day to verify the differences. That is what some people do with good results for coarse beard.
Nonetheless, this is a good razor for most of the people, but not for everybody. I feel this is very good for newbies, everyday shavers and people not looking a BBS or trying to achieve it with three passes plus some retouch (and almost no nicks or burns) which is not the aim. Otherwise, ATT H2 and R41 have no commiseration with coarse hair and beard, in fact they both love them. And blood, too.
Last but not least, the rule usually is: soft razor with sharp blade and vice versa. This razors loves Gillette, Rapira and Feather, as people who tested it, highlighted. I agree with them. Sharp blades. Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen.
Good point, Gustavo. So if you find the Seygus not heavy enough, please try it on a heavy stainless steel handle and let us know what you think. You can even do that if you do like the weight. :D

Thanks, Paul. Enjoy.

1. riverrun
  2. Nico1970
  3. Neslo
  4. Stacy555
  5. p.b
  6. mikebrownington
  7. Damianj
  8. Rufus Firefly
  9. mattyb240
  10. fancontroller
  11. Whosthedaddy
  12. Glen_Lee
  13. AndyMc133
  14. ben193
  15. Nishy
  16. wayne mattison
  17. fly3k

The list is open.

Legend:
Waiting
Black razor on the way to, Red razor on the way to
Black razor currently with, Red razor currently with,
Completed

Red razor update.

Will make this fairly short and to the point as I am still a litle under the weather, (nothing contagious).

I have used the Seygus 2016 3 times with 3 different soaps and achieved a B+ shave on all 3 uses, gentle and drama free, the best shave of the 3 was using an SS handle from my collection, I may be able to give an idea of weight and add a photo tomorrow, as a conclusion to my brief report I would buy the 2016, but I'd probably only want the head.

Finally, Thalasos's post #133 is about as honest an opinion as you will get, the guy truly understand's what he has produced and is rightly proud of achieving production of the razor he set out to, well done and good luck with the future of Seygus razors.

@riverrun , Next please Andreas.

Red razor update.

Will make this fairly short and to the point as I am still a litle under the weather, (nothing contagious).

I have used the Seygus 2016 3 times with 3 different soaps and achieved a B+ shave on all 3 uses, gentle and drama free, the best shave of the 3 was using an SS handle from my collection, I may be able to give an idea of weight and add a photo tomorrow, as a conclusion to my brief report I would buy the 2016, but I'd probably only want the head.

Finally, Thalasos's post #133 is about as honest an opinion as you will get, the guy truly understand's what he has produced and is rightly proud of achieving production of the razor he set out to, well done and good luck with the future of Seygus razors.

@riverrun , Next please Andreas.
Thanks, Stacy
@mikebrownington is next in line.

Hi, I would like to give this a try. I don't usually join in pass around's, but these razors are very interesting.
So you don't do pass arounds, @Sabre? And now you're on two of them :D:D

1. riverrun
  2. Nico1970
  3. Neslo
  4. Stacy555
  5. p.b
  6. mikebrownington
  7. Damianj
  8. Rufus Firefly
  9. mattyb240
  10. fancontroller
  11. Whosthedaddy