Compulsion

is it just me, but do you ever run your hand over your face in the afternoon and thought to yourself.......'will I have a second shave today?'........should I be worried?.......

Occasionally. When I used cartridges my face wouldn't stand up to a second shave and it would get sore if I tried... I'm one of those people with a blue shadow by mid day so I've often fancied the idea, now with better shaves and more care of the skin, my face will accept another later on. I only do it if there's a reason though, dinner out or something like that. Otherwise I leave it so there's more to "get hold of" the next morning.

Should you be worried? Nah. Try it if you like, I know a few people here that do two shaves a day fairly regularly. I think Jon Hall does it a lot, he's another bluebeard. Just see how you get on, but back off if it's getting sensitive, and I wouldn't be doing ATG or 3 passes or any of that hardcore stuff twice a day. Comfort only.

I used to shave twice a day when I was younger...but tried to keep it down to when I was going out, or "other things".....My brief fling with electric years ago was hopeless,I always had a blue shadow....Having an Italian Grandma does that for you.....

Now my whiskers are silver so they don't show so much, though they're still as tough and wirey as they ever were...

Canuck said:
Occasionally. When I used cartridges my face wouldn't stand up to a second shave and it would get sore if I tried... I'm one of those people with a blue shadow by mid day so I've often fancied the idea, now with better shaves and more care of the skin, my face will accept another later on. I only do it if there's a reason though, dinner out or something like that. Otherwise I leave it so there's more to "get hold of" the next morning.

Should you be worried? Nah. Try it if you like, I know a few people here that do two shaves a day fairly regularly. I think Jon Hall does it a lot, he's another bluebeard. Just see how you get on, but back off if it's getting sensitive, and I wouldn't be doing ATG or 3 passes or any of that hardcore stuff twice a day. Comfort only.

Great, not just me then...thing is I used to hate shaving and would only shave every 3 days or so.......I'll try hard to keep to once a day.

I have on occasion shaved twice but only really because the wife and I are going out.
I must admit though that since DE shaving I do look forward to the morning shave. I really like the routine and taking the effort. Being truthful to myself, before all this I just grabbed a cartridge and hacked away.
Now I have creams, balms and colognes. Use a face scrub twice a week and moisturise. Wife thinks I've found my feminine side or that it's part of my midlife crisis!

Hmmm. My names Geoff and I'm a DE shave adict. :)

Browngc said:
I have on occasion shaved twice but only really because the wife and I are going out.
I must admit though that since DE shaving I do look forward to the morning shave. I really like the routine and taking the effort. Being truthful to myself, before all this I just grabbed a cartridge and hacked away.
Now I have creams, balms and colognes. Use a face scrub twice a week and moisturise. Wife thinks I've found my feminine side or that it's part of my midlife crisis!

Hmmm. My names Geoff and I'm a DE shave adict. :)

Midlife crisis......i think you have hit the nail on the head Geoff.....if I had more money I might be buying sports cars etc.....

Shipwrecked said:
I take my time shaving so once a day for me is suffice, should you be worried, not one bit, you may notice others don't.
Jim

Cheers Jim.....I might knock myself out and have a second shave tommorow, between rugby matches.

Canuck said:

good advice about ATG etc.....thanks.

Yes you should be worried as you now have CSD (Compulsive Shaving Disorder) its quite common on this forum, I too suffer from it and there is no known cure I am afraid to say............:)

I, too feel quite a strong stubble by the evening. Unless Ive got a hot date though, I really wont bother.

Plenty more whiskers to obliterate the following morning.

Shave twice if the urge is on thee. The only thing I would say is be careful about going ATG a second time in one day. For your second shave make sure you've got a great protective lather and go WTG only once, then tidy up, and you shouldn't experience any problems.

Strangely enough, I was sat in the car this lunchtime contemplating the dash out into no man's land for a cigarette, when I ran a hand over my face and verily t'was rough as a***holes, alas. Ah well, never mind, 'tis what comes of being a member of the stubbly sex. Not to worry, eh?

I'm repeating myself here, so over to the Manliest of Men, Chester Burnett: "Aw man, c'mon". You getting a decent shave, no life threatening cuts or shit like that? Well crack on on then: "Use a face scrub twice a week and moisturise. Wife thinks I've found my feminine side or that it's part of my midlife crisis!"; "I might knock myself out and have a second shave tommorow, between rugby matches"; "a hot date though"; "make sure you've got a great protective lather" ... who the fuck are you trying to convince here? Where's Vinny? Jeez.

Back
Top Bottom