Confession time

Forgive me, Gentleman, for I have sinned it has been over two weeks since my last shave.........

Anyone else growing a full beard or have tried previously? I was feeling determined but really tricky getting past this itchy stage and piss taking from various people. Might stick with it for another week or two but an abundance of grey, in fact white, hairs on my chin are starting to put me off. :)

NNathwani said:
Forgive me, Gentleman, for I have sinned it has been over two weeks since my last shave.........

Anyone else growing a full beard or have tried previously? I was feeling determined but really tricky getting past this itchy stage and piss taking from various people. Might stick with it for another week or two but an abundance of grey, in fact white, hairs on my chin are starting to put me off. :)

I'm at about 3 weeks now but I managed to grow a beard for 2 months recently. I thought it looked awesome and I instantly regretted shaving it off so am going for it again.

My beard is roughly half white, but it doesn't bother me as I'm over 40 and no one takes the piss out of a Silverback, do they?

joe mcclaine said:
NNathwani said:

I'm at about 3 weeks now but I managed to grow a beard for 2 months recently. I thought it looked awesome and I instantly regretted shaving it off so am going for it again.

My beard is roughly half white, but it doesn't bother me as I'm over 40 and no one takes the piss out of a Silverback, do they?

Yeah but I'm 34 and my beard probably puts a few years on me. I feel I don't want to give up now as I've gone this far. May as well see how it goes.

Dipesh, I did shave my neck line couple of days ago as it was starting to look quite scruffy. It does look tidier now and I got to use some shaving shaving stuff, even though it was only for a wee bit.

I didn't shave for about a week or so over new year and I had a shortish beard by Monday just gone, but there seems to be a lot of white in in now and I'm only 41 so I decided to slant it to death on Monday morning. Don't want to get the Santa Claus jibes in work.

You'll all be sorry when that American winter works its way over here and your faces freeze and fall off.

I went a week but had to shave it off, started getting a few grey hairs around the chin so I trimmed it down to grade 2 then shaped it the next day with the DE.

Tried it a few summers back, i buzz cut my hair and decided to growa beard. Managed to go for about 4 weeks withour shaving but the itch waskilling me and I had some ingrown hairsso decided to clean shave it.

May give it a shot some time soon again but have my doubts, especially now that I decided that in 2014 will be shaving everyday instead of my usual every 2 days shave.

Anyway, will see how things turn up...

joe mcclaine said:
You'll all be sorry when that American winter works its way over here and your faces freeze and fall off.

We have hats, and face scarves, Buffs, central heating and everything these days Vinny, it's not necessary to be hirsuite all over in 2014!

(Anyway, you have a bald noggin, you wind up merchant!)

Canuck said:
joe mcclaine said:

We have hats, and face scarves, Buffs, central heating and everything these days Vinny, it's not necessary to be hirsuite all over in 2014!

(Anyway, you have a bald noggin, you wind up merchant!)

No doubt Snoods and Ugg Boots as well?

Meh, you can all conform if you like.

I'm enjoying being a maverick.

I big, bald, bearded, bastard of a maverick.

Bugger it, I'm growing a 'yeard'.

Snood? A dangerous Brian hat is all I need on the way to work Vinny. Manly as fuck, and only slightly daft looking.

My face hasn't fallen off yet.

This'll get your taters turning though..... I moisturise occasionally. ;-)

I'd still like to be able to have 'relations' with my wife. They would cease instantly if I grew a beard (I have tentatively suggested moustaches before and been shot down in flames).

Tall_Paul said:
I'd still like to be able to have 'relations' with my wife. They would cease instantly if I grew a beard (I have tentatively suggested moustaches before and been shot down in flames).

Surprisingly my wife is the one convincing me keep it for another week or so. Think it's growing on her. :)

Re: RE: Confession time

joe mcclaine said:

My face didn't freeze off when exposed to -42C in Canada... Doubt it will here when the apocalyptic low temperatures appear (apocalyptic is the collective tabloid headline writers' code word for "winter"). T-shirt job down to -10 anyway.

Back
Top Bottom