Connaught Luxury shaving cream - peppermint

I got a small sample of the spearmint from hando.
Gives a nice shave with really good lather - not sure I can get over the wrigleys chewing gum smell though! Might give the sandalwood and lavender a go though.

I've got two tubs of the peppermint cream, as I like it so much. I don't use it around winter time, as the menthol gives an icy blast that isn't what I want on a cold morning. But in the summertime, after a hot night, it is just the job.

It lathers excellently too, so it's more than just scent.

I have been reading these reviews of Connaught creams with interest as I have just treated myself to 2 pots via eBay - the Spearmint and the English Lavender.

I found them to be a bit of a curates egg - good and bad in parts.

Starting with the good. The service from Connaught is excellent and each pot came carefully packed and protected in a small cardboard box.
I like the clean white lines of the pots although they do look a bit like some of Mrs Highwayman's face cream pots so I'll have to keep an eye on that one.

I really liked both the fragrance. The spearmint is wonderfully refreshing and the lavender is like a proper old fashioned lavender oil smell rather that a sweeter lavender like say Agua Lavandra.

On the minus side I found them both to be very thick. Only just a cream really and you do have to dig them out of the pot. Have any other members found this?
I prefer to use creams and lather them straight onto my face. If I use a tube I squeeze a little onto the brush, with a pot I scoop a little out with my finger and smear it onto my chin.
The other negative I found which has been mentioned before is that it took roughly double of the amount of cream I usually use to produce anything approaching a good lather.

I picked the pots up for £4.99 each inc P&P which is roughly half price so I don't want to sound too churlish in my judgment, but I don't really feel that they measure up to any of the Ts.

Back
Top Bottom