Couriers

Hi all

I want some advice :) I bought something weighty on fleabay and I got it at a good price. The seller is claiming to be in hospital and can't send it right now, he did at one point say that he would see if his parents could courier the item to me but he says they don't want to as they are concerned that they would get it wrong.

How easy would it be for me to arrange a courier to call at a specific address to collect a parcel at a set time then send it to me? And would anyone recommend a courier to do this?

Obviously I suspect that he's a BS merchant and that he doesn't really want to sell the item at the price the auction finished at, but I think suggesting that would force his hand. He's offered to refund but I want the item and paid as soon as the auction finished, so far he's had my money since 22nd July.

Also does anyone know how long Paypal give before you not being able to make a claim?

Thanks all

Can't answer all of your questions, but this is my choice for courier services, so you may find what you want. It's a comparison service, but I found it easier going via them rather than directly with the couriers (it's a long story and I won't bore you with it)

http://www.interparcel.com/

Just checked on Paypal and you have up to 45 days to make a claim.
It will be difficult because the seller you say has offered you a refund, I presume for the full amount.
I don't have any experience of couriers for collection of your item.
Good luck with getting the item to you.
Regards Brian

Give these people a call. I don't know if they offer a timed collection service but they may be able to offer a solution. Failing that, why not collect it yourself?

www.Parcel2Go.com

Thanks all, according to the ebay details its in Pontypool, I'm near Bath. It would only be about an hour and a half each way and the toll at theres the toll at the the severn crossing but it might be worth winding the bloke up. :)

I've done it a few times (used parceltogo.com), you obviously need their address details but the courier will also require their contact mobile number. I usually email the sender postage labels too, trouble is (if the item is fragile) you're reliant on them packing it securely and you can be day but definitely not time specific in my experience.

Not fragile, I've messaged him to suggest it and am awaiting a response. As it stands it would be no feedback if he does send it but I suspect that I'll end up with a refund in which case it will be negative feedback.

If you paid by Paypal then the seller would be very naive to allow you or your courier to pick up as there's a 'proof of delivery' scam.
Someone buys something and pays by Paypal.
The buyer either collects or arranges their own courier, then, after a few weeks, claims non-delivery.
The seller then has to provide Paypal with proof of delivery - which they don't have as they didn't arrange the courier
Cash in hand only for these sorts of deals.

Its all booked for a Friday collection. I've spoken to the Dad and it seems on the face of it to be genuine although the cynic in me still thinks its odd. I had to email the courier label to them and he said to send it to his son's email address as he knows the login details........

The seller has also offered to refund me the whole amount of the transaction to apologise for the trouble. I've said I only want him to refund the postage.

We'll see what happens Friday.

Everything has been detailed on Ebay's Message system.

Jeltz said:
So far so good, the package has been collected, has been through the collection depot and is en route to the delivery depot.

So I guess sometimes we are all guilty of being sceptical when we should just trust to the better part of human nature - and accept that what people are telling us is, in fact, the truth.

Back
Top Bottom